First I have to confess that I have not read the book. This is not my preferred genre for reading.

Published 13 months ago by bernie

3.0 out of 5 stars He was not bad
I had read the book and loved it. He was ok but i did not like her acting at all. The mom was good also.
Published 24 months ago by Debora Maillet

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars "Everyone has their own destiny. No everyone makes the choice to follow it.", Nov. 9 2013
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Lucky One [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)

The film however deserves a viewing as it does rings around what could have been a Hallmark movie. This was formula enough to pretty much guess the complete film from the early beginning. However I suspect the draw is the character interaction and not a mystery or action. All the actors were good in their parts and very believable. I thought Blythe Danner was exceptional.

Basic story is of a marine Vet, on his third tour of duty in Iraq; Sgt. Logan Thibault (Zac Efron) finds a picture during the war. He believes this is his good luck charm and is determined to fine the person behind the smile in the picture that he owes his life to. He finds more than he bargained for. Did he fine more than he could handle?

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Chick Flick, July 16 2012
killerwhaletank - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I love a good chick flick, and this one did not disappoint me. In fact, Zac Effron exceeded my expectations. I thought the female lead looked a bit old next to Effron (even though she's only a couple of years older in real life, he's just got a youthful look that made her look older than she actually is) but their chemistry was very good and I quickly forgot that I thought she was too old once the movie got going. :) The rest of the cast was good too... I liked Nana and Ben a lot.

I saw this movie having never read a Nicholas Sparks book and having had a mixed reaction to previous movie adaptations of his work. (I really enjoyed "The Notebook" but didn't care for "Dear John" and "The Last Song", among others.) I enjoyed it so much that I went and read the book afterwards. I think it was much better for me to watch the movie FIRST and then read the book SECOND because I loved them both this way. If I'd read the book first, I would have been annoyed at some of the things they changed in the movie... I don't think it would have ruined the movie but I think I wouldn't have loved it quite as much, and I would have had a harder time with some of the casting choices.

I would buy this movie to add to my romantic chick flick collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good on, Nov. 21 2012
Good video movie to watch at home. Not worth the price of a movir ticket. But it is worth the price of a second hand video.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is my fav. movie & I can't say ..., Nov. 1 2014
It is my fav. movie & I can't say how many times I have seen it, except that I can say all their lines along with them!!
What I couldn't believe was how quickly I received it, less than 2 days after ordering it>>so thank you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars L'espoir nous donne des ailes, June 27 2014
Très beau film. L'amour fini toujours triompher. Quand notre coeur nous conduit, il faut le laisser nous mener vers le bonheur

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story line, March 30 2014
I really enjoyed the movie greatly. The story line was very captivating. I never knew what expect next and that is a good way to have it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lucky one, Jan. 24 2014
I love this movie, I like every part of the movie, this is romantic, i recommend people to buy this DVD , because it's too romantic.

5.0 out of 5 stars The lucky One, Jan. 9 2014
Love Zac Efron he is a great actor. Love a romance. Movie made very good and a great love story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, Jan. 8 2014
This is a very good love story. I love the soldier part of the story. It's very touching and defiantly a chick flick. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sparks, Jan. 4 2014
Nothing more to say about this movie than it is a Nicolas Sparks movie and that I love all of them.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›