march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 3, 2012
Very new ground for her and so different for her fans...don't expect
the usual jazz she does...but, it's more like a lounge sound to it,
and I have to admit that the quality of the recording and the personnel
that plays with her is top notch...very late night feel music to it...
nice audacity from her to kick the same old same old... recommended!
on November 7, 2012
DIANA, YOU VAMP! ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CD. STRETCHING YOUR WINGS IS ALWAYS A GOOD THING. AFTER ALL, IF YOU DON'T TRY NEW THINGS HOW DO YOU KNOW JUST WHAT YOU CAN DO. I LOVE THE COVER ... DON'T LISTEN TO THOSE GOODY 2 SHOES TRYING TO SABATOGE YOU. DON'T WE ALL WISH WE COULD LOOK LIKE THIS AFTER HAVING KIDS. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. YOUR MUSIC IS EXCELLENT.
on November 11, 2012
I like this album.new direction new feeling. she goes the blues/jazz side, like other great singers.lots of guitar and piano, deep voice that is good for the blues. don't think every song or album is going to jazz. Variety is the thing that makes her better .
on June 20, 2013
This is a unique sounding album, that relies on a Louisiana Cajun sound. The guitar playing is very distinctive, as is the sound of the album. I only like three songs on the album. I'll bet that is one of Diana's poorest selling records despite the provocative cover art. I am a big DK fan especially as I reside in Vancouver, BC , her adopted home town. Not her best effort despite a very unique production sound. Better luck next time.
on December 9, 2012
Excellente pianiste, voix agréable, multi-talentueuse, née en Colombie Britannique (Canada). Avec cet album, Diane Krall fait une pause sur son style normalement swing réjouissant qui rappelle les belles années de son influence, le pianiste et chanteur, Nat «King» Cole. Aussi, grâce à son père, qui était pianiste, elle s'est dirigée lentement vers le jazz et vers un succès enviable par bien des musiciens.
Comment peut-on exiger d'une artiste de se camper dans un style sans pouvoir y démordre à défaut de déplaire à un certain auditoire ?
Cet album est un renouveau très apprécié par un auditoire plus averti et ouvert à la créativité des artistes, des producteurs mais aussi pour les néophytes fans de cette artiste accomplie.
on October 13, 2012
I liked this album. I liked what Krall has tried to do. Put on a disc and step back to the roaring 20's. Forget your typical jazz, the album is about a different style of music.
The problem I have is with the mastering of the vinyl. The sound is flat and muffled. Never does her voice project, it just blends in with the instruments. And the instruments never stand apart. One big mess of sound.

Maybe that's what she was going for, I don't know. I will play is record again because I like the music style but not because of the sound quality .
on December 14, 2012
Had this lp for a couple of months now. Looked at both the .ca and .com reviews and other sources. Thought maybe I was deaf or had no listening skills. I love this lp. I thought I was alone in thinking that then mentioned the album to a couple of audiophile friends. Next thing you know we are all giggling and whispering like 12 year old schoolgirls sharing a secret. It's her best ever, we love it, hey - keep it down will ya? Not the usual DK thing. Frankly I was getting a bit tired of the same old same old. This is refreshing. I listen to this DK album more than any of the others. I bought a couple of extras to give to friends.
on November 7, 2012
I just loved this CD. The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Many great tunes to dance in the kitchen to. I feel Diana has outdone herself and I would highly recommend this CD.
on May 11, 2014
I found when I first listened to it, I didn't know what to think. I put it aside, and let it be. I tried it again, and then again. This CD has morphed into one of my favorites, right up there with The Girl in the Other Room. A few songs don't work for me, but have fallen in love with the majority. If you don't like it, try it again. The woman is still amazing, and getting better and better every year.
on April 6, 2013
Diana provides a sultry, slow take on a nice group of songs chosen for the pschological effect of the lyrics as much as for the melodies. The dynamics of the band is great and the overall effect is stunning. Her best effort yet.