march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 16, 2012
This recording is very different from the classic Diana Krall but it is delightful and brings back memories from older albums in a variety of styles. It even reminder me the early recording from Elvis Presley at Sam. A great Diana Krall.
on November 29, 2013
Another great album by this very talented singer and musician. A good mix of songs demonstrating Diana's remarkable talent.
If you haven't heard her before this will definitely be the album that will make you a fan.
on October 30, 2012
Let me begin by saying that I've been a huge, huge fan of Diana Krall for many years, so I was eagerly anticipating the release of this album and confidently went ahead and pre-ordered it. Once I heard it, I couldn't help but be overcome by disappointment despite the fact that I badly wanted to like it and listened to it over and over, hoping to hear what all the great reviews were about. My problem is this: The thing that I've always loved most about Diana, that set her work apart from everyone else, was her marvelous talent as a jazz pianist. Like everyone else, I also love her exquisite voice and the classy elegance of her persona. On this release, however, it seems that the goal was to rob her of that elegance and downplay her pianistic skill. Not that I don't appreciate the cover art...Diana plays the sultry, sexy role beautifully and I admit to quite enjoying the photos (like any other red-blooded North American guy!)...But the whole presentation seems to lack the sophistication that has always been Diana's stock in trade. Musically speaking, on a few of the cuts Diana's gorgeous voice is allowed to shine through, but on many of them she is all but drowned out in the mix by a clunky, ham-fisted accompaniment featuring none-too-subtle guitars, drums, and other vintage-sounding instruments; good for historical interest, perhaps, but long superseded by modern innovations (with good reason). What little piano playing we hear similarly lacks Diana's usual grace and wit, and sounds as though it was performed on an ancient, out-of-tune Legion Hall piano. I'm sorry, but it's hard for me to imagine that this is really how Diana herself would wish to present her talents to the world. And lest I be accused of not wanting to listen to anything but the great American songbook fare that Diana became famous for, let me say that my favourite album of hers to date has been The Girl in the Other Room, which featured some wonderful contemporary song-writing as well as some hip, innovative piano work. Instead, this latest offering seems regressive...almost analogous to Leonardo Da Vinci taking up cave wall painting. Oddly enough, I normally enjoy this style of music, in its place...It's just that Diana Krall is capable of so much more and her considerable talents seem wasted here. So I'm afraid I'm left frustrated, and rather saddened at what seems to be the demise of Diana Krall the extraordinary pianist. I do hope this is just a temporary experiment for Diana, which will play out in due course.
on February 5, 2014
I have an extensive collection of her works, as always really great jazz.
just wish it was a little longer.
any one who likes Diana should try this one out, don't think you w ill be disappointed.
on December 7, 2012
I have enjpoed Dianna Krall's music for a long time and this CD is another one I will enjoy as well. My order was shipped very quickly and I have been able to listen to it a couple of times.
on January 1, 2013
A very beautiful work of art . In the Music and on the cover of the album ! Oh for the days of 331/3 records . Or a poster for the fans ! Fun and love in music ,mmmmmm good !
on December 31, 2012
Great service -package arrived well protected and in record time I like this way of buying products I want. - Diana rocks!!!!
Tks
The pie guy
on January 17, 2013
Wonderful recording from Diana Krall. Her voice, emotional depth and improvisation sections have matured beautifully. Her finest opus to date.
on February 28, 2013
What more can you say about this fabulous Canadian singer. She's got looks. brains and a beautiful voice! She matures with every album.
on December 27, 2012
Je l'adore tous simplement. livraison rapide et bon prix. je vous le recommande.
à écouter en amoureux ou un souper en tête à tête