4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Drama/Comedy
Rescue Me shows a great balance between dark and light comedy/drama, of all of life problems post 9/11, for a fire crew in a firehouse in New York City, and how all of them deal in their own ways with their personal demons, but having a lot of comedy to balance the serious content in the show.
Published on Nov. 8 2012 by Jmon

3.0 out of 5 stars All of the show
Published 18 months ago by fish

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Drama/Comedy, Nov. 8 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars All of the show, June 17 2013
This review is from: Rescue Me: The Complete Series (DVD)
Everything is here. The complete series. The only problem I had with it is that the package is poor. Instead of good construction the package falls apart really easy. The DVD holder is plastic and is attached to the box with sticky rubber. The holders fell off the box as soon as I opened it. I could stick them back to the box but who really wants to do that with something that is new and unopened. Poor design, Watch out for the price your buying it for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of action drama and comedy., Dec 5 2014
This review is from: Rescue Me: The Complete Series (DVD)
I have never been a big Denis Leary fan and I bought this cuz the price was affordable and I thought it would be a good time waster. Well I loved it. Denis Leary played a believable part as did everyone who stared in it. It has the complete 6 seasons and although you lose characters along the way, for the most part the cast stays together.
Its all about post 9/11 set in New York City and based on the firefighters and city cops learning to cope since the tragedy starting around 5-7 years later. The DVDs are loaded with extras and although they are not individually wrapped, they come in a sturdy book like box. I recommend this to anyone who likes action and drama mixed with comedy. There is some language and sex but not so much that it goes overboard. The sex scenes tend to be more funny than erotic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Series, April 17 2013
Paula Denbow (Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rescue Me: The Complete Series (DVD)
One of the all-time great television series; I'd rank it up there with The Sopranos, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, etc. A great mix of drama and humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, Feb. 27 2013
This review is from: Rescue Me: The Complete Series (DVD)
I bought this for a Christmas gift for a friend. He just lent it to me. I didn't think I would like it this much. I am having problem getting my house cleaning done. All I want to do is watch one episode after another. You do not have be firefighter to like this. I didn't think it would be funny, but at the same time have serious moments that could happen to anybody than you will love this show.

5.0 out of 5 stars just as advertised, Dec 17 2012
This review is from: Rescue Me: The Complete Series (DVD)
fast delivery, great price, finally got to see the finale...awesome series
thank you for connecting me to rescue me- the complete series

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Dec 9 2012
This review is from: Rescue Me: The Complete Series (DVD)
I seen this show on netflix forever and never watched it. I got to the point there was nothing left on netflix that interested me.

I watched it and was instantly hooked. I jumped at the complete series when I seen it. Great buy for a great price.

4.0 out of 5 stars which was awesome but the quality of the video itself, Nov. 30 2014
D. Swan - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rescue Me: The Complete Series (DVD)
The only reason I've given it four stars and not five is not because of the quality of the show, which was awesome but the quality of the video itself. I found it really pixelated when I put it in my DVD player but then again the show was shot in Hi-Def video which may be the reason for that. Still, it's cool to have this series in my collection and for the price, I'll take it.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best series I have ever watched, Dec 2 2014
This review is from: Rescue Me: The Complete Series (DVD)
One of the best series I have ever watched! I was exhilarated and exhausted on completion of the series, and have been in "Rescue Me" withdrawal for a week! Excellent story lines and gut wrenching acting which exposed the characters at their best and worst. I am excited to pass the series on to family members.

4.0 out of 5 stars something for everyone!, Dec 7 2014
This review is from: Rescue Me: The Complete Series (DVD)
This is a good easy to watch series. There is a bit of everything in it...comedy, drama, sex, good story lines. Definitely not the same type of shoe as Chicago Fire but enjoyable just the same. Good strong characters. I have not watched all the boxed set yet but will work my way through each series.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›