march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis SmartSaver Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: DVD|Change

on November 8, 2012
Rescue Me shows a great balance between dark and light comedy/drama, of all of life problems post 9/11, for a fire crew in a firehouse in New York City, and how all of them deal in their own ways with their personal demons, but having a lot of comedy to balance the serious content in the show.
on December 5, 2014
I have never been a big Denis Leary fan and I bought this cuz the price was affordable and I thought it would be a good time waster. Well I loved it. Denis Leary played a believable part as did everyone who stared in it. It has the complete 6 seasons and although you lose characters along the way, for the most part the cast stays together.
Its all about post 9/11 set in New York City and based on the firefighters and city cops learning to cope since the tragedy starting around 5-7 years later. The DVDs are loaded with extras and although they are not individually wrapped, they come in a sturdy book like box. I recommend this to anyone who likes action and drama mixed with comedy. There is some language and sex but not so much that it goes overboard. The sex scenes tend to be more funny than erotic.
on June 17, 2013
Everything is here. The complete series. The only problem I had with it is that the package is poor. Instead of good construction the package falls apart really easy. The DVD holder is plastic and is attached to the box with sticky rubber. The holders fell off the box as soon as I opened it. I could stick them back to the box but who really wants to do that with something that is new and unopened. Poor design, Watch out for the price your buying it for.
on February 27, 2013
I bought this for a Christmas gift for a friend. He just lent it to me. I didn't think I would like it this much. I am having problem getting my house cleaning done. All I want to do is watch one episode after another. You do not have be firefighter to like this. I didn't think it would be funny, but at the same time have serious moments that could happen to anybody than you will love this show.
on September 16, 2015
I have not yet watched the show so my Review is based solely on Shipping and Product Design!!....Amazon is amazing to order from so No Worries there.... Product Design isn't the Best I must say... Once opened the case is quite flimsy and All 7 Seasons are separated and stacked on 2 " Posts"..... As long as you're careful with handling the discs I'm sure it will be fine.... I can't complain to much because i was going to buy this set for $65.50 and had it in my Wish List, just happened to notice one day that the price dropped to $26.50.... What a Steal!!!! Can't wait to watch this show.... Hope my Review Helped!!!

After watching this series I'm changing my 4 star rating to a 5... Love this show... Wish there was more seasons... Lol.
on December 9, 2012
I seen this show on netflix forever and never watched it. I got to the point there was nothing left on netflix that interested me.

I watched it and was instantly hooked. I jumped at the complete series when I seen it. Great buy for a great price.
on April 17, 2013
One of the all-time great television series; I'd rank it up there with The Sopranos, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, etc. A great mix of drama and humour.
on December 17, 2012
fast delivery, great price, finally got to see the finale...awesome series
thank you for connecting me to rescue me- the complete series
on January 26, 2016
I didn't watch the show when it was on, as it just felt too soon after 9/11 to watch it play out on tv week after week. Watching the series now, I realized very quickly what I had missed. The show brought an air of realism to a dangerous profession, without trying to bask too much in the horror that brought firefighting to the forefront of everyone's attention. Denis Leary at his very best, playing a broken down, smart mouthed, wise ass leader that put his heart on the line every time duty called. A good supporting cast, excellent stories, great cinematography.
on December 10, 2012
On the possitive side... Always a great series! Storyline, acting - great entertainment.

On the negative side...
As with other reviews - the packaging could definitely use some improvements ( but you don't watch the box LOL). A couple discs seem to have a voice to lip movement issue and I might suspect that there is a complete episode missing - at least it seems that way with continuity.
Value wise - worth the money for sure.