5.0 out of 5 stars Why the inconvenient packaging?
Published 21 months ago by David Lewis

1.0 out of 5 stars WASTE OF MONEY/Box set embarrassing.
Published 4 months ago by Drew

5.0 out of 5 stars Why the inconvenient packaging?, Oct. 21 2012
This review is from: Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (1976) (DVD)
I have only viewed a few episodes so far, but the sound and picture quality are excellent. The 2-hour episodes are split into their two-part syndicated versions, but that's OK. The one odd thing here is the packaging. When I opened the box I found the discs stacked on two plastic spindles-season 1&2 on one, 3-5 on the other. I don't know why the discs were packaged in this way, but I doubt it was with the convenience of the user in mind. If you are looking for a particular episode, you have to dig for it. Even if you are watching the episodes in order, this is so. Whose idea was this? This set is well worth buying for any Angels fan, especially at Amazon's price. I would simply put the discs into another case/holder so you can pull a particular disc without having to dig for it. By the way, with reference to the first reviewer's grievance, you do not have to rebuy seasons 1-4 to get season 5. I understand that season 5 will be released separately in, I believe, December.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Double-Dipping For Season 5, July 31 2012
Kasey G (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (1976) (DVD)
I predict there will be an Amazon assault on this product from angry Angel fans writing in to express their displeasure at the fact that they must re-buy Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4 in order to get the long-awaited Season 5 on DVD. I too was initially miffed when I saw the announcement of a Complete Series set, but then I realized that I would have been willing to spend even more than Amazon's $46 pre-order price for Season 5 on its own as a MOD release. In this case, we are getting pressed discs and the price is more than reasonable for a Complete Series set, regardless if we already own the previous seasons or not. Shoot--Amazon is selling the 2011 remake (which I didn't watch) on here for $35 and contains, what...8 episodes???.

So, yes SONY could have marketed this better for the loyal fans who supported the other releases, but it's been so long in coming, that I will not complain about it. There are no new bonus features included which is a shame, only the "Angels Forever" featurette that originally appeared on the Season 1 set that came out way back in 2003.

We kick off the final season with a two-parter that forgoes the exotic location shooting of season-openers past and brings us instead a standard case of murder and corruption within the modeling industry, introducing us to scrappy, tough-talking final Angel Julie Rogers (the stunning, statuesque Tanya Roberts).

Due to an actors' strike in 1980, the fifth season was truncated and only 16 episodes produced. The team spirit that was missing from Season 4 is re-established here even if the scripts are hit-and-miss. Some of the series' worst episodes show up in Season 5--from the boring "Mr. Galaxy" and "He Married an Angel" to the cringe-worthy "Moonshinin' Angels" and "Chorus Line Angels".

Some of the best episodes of Season 5 include "Angel on the Line" which features Kelly squaring off against a deranged transvestite in the one of the series' (unintentionally) funniest scenes; "Hula Angels" has a terrific turn from guest villainess Joanna Cassidy; while "Island Angels" boasts a guest-star roster including Carol Lynley, Lyle Waggoner, Randolph Mantooth, Barbi Benton and more.

Yes, it would have been nice to get Season 5 as a stand-alone release, but for the price I will not complain about having to "double-dip" on this one. The box is attractive and will look great on display.

1.0 out of 5 stars WASTE OF MONEY/Box set embarrassing., March 4 2014
This review is from: Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (1976) (DVD)
Sony...you should be ashamed! I have never seen a box set so poorly put together. The flashy box was just an illusion because it falls apart as soon as you 'try' to open it. The 6 disk set are NOT protected w/their own covers. They are stacked with poorly hand ripped pieces of cardboard. The disk's sit in two brownish plastic containers that are soooo thin, one has already torn the first time I tried pulling a disk out. That was after both plastic holders falls off the spit they must have used for gluing them onto the inside box set.
It gets better...There are no specials or features like there is when you buy each season separately. The disk themselves feels thin. Very thin, so I suspect they will either crack, chip or just stop playing after a couple of uses. The menu's on each disk look so amateur, I'm sure they were drawn and put together by a child. And last but not least, there are NO chapters!!! You try to go to the next chapter and you are put right back to the menu.
I bought this box set to get two of the seasons I did not have and because Sony is charging double the price for season 5. I just hope Amazon.ca keeps the price for this box set extremely low because it is really not worth the hassle of putting together the box set every time one opens it just to watch an episode.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good series, poor packaging, Oct. 25 2012
Lee Spencer "Snapper" (Mascouche, Québec, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (1976) (DVD)
Not bad transfer, could be a better re mastering and I hate the packaging. DVD's on top of each other with no suitcase for each DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars action packed, June 26 2014
This review is from: Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (1976) (DVD)
I loved this series growing up, watched all episodes. I liked all the characters that played in the seasons, Farah Fawcett, Kate Jackson, and the rest of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheesy but great, June 9 2014
This review is from: Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (1976) (DVD)
This series is so bad and so good all at the same time. I love it!! I would recommend this for anybody with nostalgic memories of the 70s especially if you love catching old cars in TV shows that were new when the show was produced - too cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hello Angels, May 16 2014
This review is from: Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (1976) (DVD)
I loved the series growing up, the dvd's just bring back those memories. Yes it's a little dated but that's a big part of the charm. I find myself shaking my head with a smile when I watch these episodes. I like the compact packaging, especially the pictures all over the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, April 23 2014
Michelle (Cambridge, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (1976) (DVD)
Everything arrived quickly and in great condition. I' m thoroughly enjoying watching this series of classic shows. It brings back a lot of memories!

2.0 out of 5 stars Product Damaged, April 4 2014
This review is from: Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (1976) (DVD)
CD's were in great condition but the DVD collectors box was damaged and the CD holder on one side broke off the case before i even opened it so i had to hot glue it down so it would stop sliding out the bottom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service, March 23 2014
This review is from: Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (1976) (DVD)
A very good price for a package of all seasons. Came in good time as well. I do, however, agree with others regarding the strange packaging with the individual DVD's.

Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (1976)
CDN$ 65.99 CDN$ 43.08