5.0 out of 5 stars Bob, the tempest
Published on Oct. 21 2012 by Fernando P.

3.0 out of 5 stars Couple of good tunes
It is what we have come to expect from Bobby. Nothing new or revolutionary here.
The minstrel does his thing.
Published 19 months ago by Benowen

5.0 out of 5 stars Bob, the tempest, Oct. 21 2012
This review is from: Tempest (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of Bob since when he was singing, Oxford Town,it's unbelievable how this artist can change through the years, from a country music voice ,to a rock&roll voice, now his voice is close to Tom Waite, and completely akin to his new songs, The Tempest is a fine collection of timeless tunes, well, again Bob has reinvented himself, what can I say, I bought the cd, and I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tempest, Nov. 16 2012
Billy (Yellowknife, NT Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tempest (Audio CD)
Bob Dylan remains as current as he ever has been. This album will be a fantastic addition to any music library.

5.0 out of 5 stars the band's a-cookin', Oct. 18 2012
This review is from: Tempest (Vinyl) (LP Record)
Well, I've only listened to it about 20 or 30 times but it's growin' on me. Great songs, great phrasing, great band. Love the mysterious "take 'em how you want to" songs that time cannot erase.... who's blood? what town? There's no song here that I can imagine tiring of. Whichever song I listen to last plays over & over in my brain & just doesn't want to stop. Today my favorite is Tin Angel (why a golden chain?), but ask me again tomorrow.
The watchman leaves me dreaming of things that just could be, dreams filled with images rescued from the timeless sea.
Roll on Bob.

4.0 out of 5 stars My assessment of the Vinyl LP version, Sept. 20 2012
This review is from: Tempest (Vinyl) (LP Record)
I have read many excellent reviews about this album mostly by hardcore, obviously biased Dylan fans (and therefore leave their more worthy assessment of the performance to them). My personal, but biased view is that it is a worthy addition but not as good as Modern Times. That aside, I got the vinyl lp version (which is my format of choice) and for those of you who care about vinyl, it is a good pressing - low noise (Sony typically does a good job, better than most), the packaging is good, but Modern Times was better with a fold out cover. I also like the old fashioned lp label on the vinyl record on both Modern Times and Together Through Life - just a nice detail. Tempest is just a generic label, not bad, just not special. It may just be me but the recording is just less dynamic, lacks that 3d sound (a narrow presentation) and that makes it less atmospheric as compared to the previous two - although the intros are strong (love 'em) - this to me takes some of tension away from the lyric.

I have rated it 3.5 stars compared to Modern Times 5 stars and 4.5 stars for packaging and sound quality, overall 4 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Couple of good tunes, May 28 2013
This review is from: Tempest (Audio CD)
The minstrel does his thing.

3.0 out of 5 stars not bob's best, April 28 2013
This review is from: Tempest (Audio CD)
I guess I expect the sublime, good but not great
seemed contrived at times and lacks drive
is worth a listen though

5.0 out of 5 stars The first Dylan album I really enjoy, over and over again., Feb. 7 2013
Ernie (Digby County, Nova Scotia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tempest (Audio CD)
This is just my take on it, but I think this is the first Dylan album I've heard where his natural voice suits the material perfectly. Frankly, for most of his career, I found his voice irritating. But the inevitable mellowing and deepening of his voice works so well with this material that it's become a 'go to' album.

Not for everyone...and maybe not for long time Dylan fans...you'll either like it or you won't. I can't see anyone being lukewarm about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Toujours vivant, Jan. 5 2013
This review is from: Tempest (Audio CD)
Je suis l'évolution de Dylan depuis ses débuts et il m'épate toujours; non pas pour la musique mais surtout pour ses propos qui me touchent à chaque fois. Dylan est fortement préoccupé par la direction de l'âme dans un monde trop matérialiste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bob Dylan Tempest, Jan. 1 2013
This review is from: Tempest (Audio CD)
Yay Bob! He has done it again. Cheeky lyrics and great music. The CD begins with the surprise and power we love from Bob. Wonderful. I recommend this to all Bob Dylan fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow...Awesome, Dec 3 2012
This review is from: Tempest (Audio CD)
It's been awhile since I heard an awesome Bob Dylan, CD...good stuff "Bob" "Tempest" says it all
Hope to see you in Edmonton.

Tempest
Tempest by Bob Dylan (Audio CD - 2012)