summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 21, 2012
I have been a fan of Bob since when he was singing, Oxford Town,it's unbelievable how this artist can change through the years, from a country music voice ,to a rock&roll voice, now his voice is close to Tom Waite, and completely akin to his new songs, The Tempest is a fine collection of timeless tunes, well, again Bob has reinvented himself, what can I say, I bought the cd, and I love it.
on October 18, 2012
Well, I've only listened to it about 20 or 30 times but it's growin' on me. Great songs, great phrasing, great band. Love the mysterious "take 'em how you want to" songs that time cannot erase.... who's blood? what town? There's no song here that I can imagine tiring of. Whichever song I listen to last plays over & over in my brain & just doesn't want to stop. Today my favorite is Tin Angel (why a golden chain?), but ask me again tomorrow.
The watchman leaves me dreaming of things that just could be, dreams filled with images rescued from the timeless sea.
Roll on Bob.
on September 20, 2012
I have read many excellent reviews about this album mostly by hardcore, obviously biased Dylan fans (and therefore leave their more worthy assessment of the performance to them). My personal, but biased view is that it is a worthy addition but not as good as Modern Times. That aside, I got the vinyl lp version (which is my format of choice) and for those of you who care about vinyl, it is a good pressing - low noise (Sony typically does a good job, better than most), the packaging is good, but Modern Times was better with a fold out cover. I also like the old fashioned lp label on the vinyl record on both Modern Times and Together Through Life - just a nice detail. Tempest is just a generic label, not bad, just not special. It may just be me but the recording is just less dynamic, lacks that 3d sound (a narrow presentation) and that makes it less atmospheric as compared to the previous two - although the intros are strong (love 'em) - this to me takes some of tension away from the lyric.

I have rated it 3.5 stars compared to Modern Times 5 stars and 4.5 stars for packaging and sound quality, overall 4 stars.
on February 7, 2013
This is just my take on it, but I think this is the first Dylan album I've heard where his natural voice suits the material perfectly. Frankly, for most of his career, I found his voice irritating. But the inevitable mellowing and deepening of his voice works so well with this material that it's become a 'go to' album.

Not for everyone...and maybe not for long time Dylan fans...you'll either like it or you won't. I can't see anyone being lukewarm about it.
on November 16, 2012
Bob Dylan remains as current as he ever has been. This album will be a fantastic addition to any music library.
on March 15, 2016
Hey! BOB pays attention to the sound quality of his music. This is no exception. Excellent digital rendition of an all-analogue recording. I prefer my vinyl copy of course ... but for a CD this is as perfect as it gets. Super music too, but I'm biased in that respect. This is one CD every Dylan lover Must Have. A great seller too!
on January 5, 2013
Je suis l'évolution de Dylan depuis ses débuts et il m'épate toujours; non pas pour la musique mais surtout pour ses propos qui me touchent à chaque fois. Dylan est fortement préoccupé par la direction de l'âme dans un monde trop matérialiste.
on January 1, 2013
Yay Bob! He has done it again. Cheeky lyrics and great music. The CD begins with the surprise and power we love from Bob. Wonderful. I recommend this to all Bob Dylan fans.
on November 12, 2012
A great new set of tunes. Bob does not disappoint. A must have for Dylan fans. He as usual mixes up his tracks and provides the listener with various types of melodies.
on September 19, 2012
Musically this is a strong album and worth every penny for the regular edition. The so-called 'Special Edition' is a complete rip-off, and whoever came up with the idea is a road-side robber! There's nothing there to make it worth while, so save your money. The packaging is also the usual jewel-box plastic trash. Why is that Dylan and Sony won't spend a few cents or take a penny less profit by providing a decent cardboard/plastic combo sleeve? Better still just cardboard. Many lesser talents do. Not even a lyric sheet is included.