march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

• Babel

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 1, 2012
I can't say enough about this album. If you liked the first album, you'll LOVE this one. Still the Mumford you want to hear, but new and fresh stuff, and some of the lyrics are truly poetry. I've had it on repeat in my car for the past week - absolutely incredible music! Nice balance of upbeat and softer tracks.
on October 2, 2012
Beginning to end, another great album by Mumford & Sons! Keep it up boys, you're music is inspiring and brings fond memories when I listen to M&S.
on November 2, 2012
This music was purchased as a gift and did not disappoint*
A worthy project with an original blend of instruments and mature lyrics.
A mature sound with a story to tell. Each track demands your attention and holds you throughout the entire journey.
Purchase with confidence and enjoy!
on April 3, 2013
This album (on vinyl) had a few visible scratches and had a sometimes distracting amount of surface noise (crackles, pops, etc.) even on first listen. I have no idea who is to blame for this (whether it was pressed poorly or shipped poorly) but I was disappointed. On the plus side, the album itself was very good, and the packaging was very good with a gatefold and lyric sleeve. I am also glad that they included a download card.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 31, 2015
As far as the music is concerned, we all know it's great. However, the actual vinyl press was extremely disappointing...

The record is warped, the spindle cutout is too small so it needs to be forced on to the turntable, very thin outer sleeve.. The only thing that was decent was the inner sleeve, which is printed with lyrics. Other than that, very poor quality. Even the quality of the audio isn't anything special - there's no discernible difference between the sound of this and the sound of the CD.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 13, 2012
"Babel" by Mumford and Sons is certainly a different musical departure from "Sigh No More". As with many other people, "I Will Wait" was my introduction to "Babel". "Holland Road", "Lover Of The Light", and "Lover's Eyes" are some of the songs that embody the heart of "Babel". I also like "Not Haste" and "For Those Below." "Babel" is great for those who enjoy "Sigh No More" and/or are open to listening to folk rock.
on December 7, 2012
Mumford and Sons came a long way. Babel is definite departure from all that is past for these young lads. It has a maturity level that is seen in a very few bands, especially these days. It deals with love and life, for better or worse. But this time, the lyrics deal with more than just a few words to accompany a catchy music, with the "hook" packed somewhere along the way. Still lacks sophistication and ease of the true mature delivery, but that will come with time; these guys do have a potential. I believe that Babel is the sign of the things yet to come. And a good, very good sign.
I will not go into the details, that is left for you. I look at the album as a story that artist wants to tell. This collection of stories is definitely worth your time. It is the best Mumford and Sons did so far.
I wonder what will happen when they venture away into the world and when they finally open up.
on March 6, 2013
Take it from a 47 year old who listens to classic rock and heavy metal (pre-ordered the new Uncle Acid and will preorder the new Saxon) this album is wonderful. I ordered it together with the Lumineers and all I can say is turn the lights down, open a bottle of wine and enjoy the music with your wife/husband. The perfect music what a nice evening. The only album with the Lumineers that I think deserve the credits they received this year. Best songs Holland Road, Hopeless Wanderer, and Lover of the Light The vinyl quality is great. 180gr virgin vinyl, includes free download and Amazon's packaging is great. I will cut and paste the same review for the Lumineers. Don't be put off by the haters. Every person has his own preferences. Expand your horizon listen to the lyrics sit back and relax.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 9, 2012
My son gave me "Sigh No More" for Christmas a couple of years ago. Since then, I have given it to many friends: a chemical engineer, a translator (both mean guitar players themselves), a real estate investor, several accountants, an archeologist, someone who makes graphics for rock bands, and all members of my family. I was a little leery when "Babel" came out because I was thinking the expectations were way too high for this band and it was sure there would be 2nd album blues... But what can I say... moving lyrics, really moving lyrics and incredible folk rock... the only problem with this album is that I will be spending too much money to pick it up for my friends. Do listen to the music and the lyrics.
on March 2, 2013
Couldn't take this out of my player this evening. Really loved first record. This one is more complex and full. Sounds like Arcade Fire. Really. Listen to the last few tracks particularly and you hear the composition, and form are so similar. Not in any way a condemnation. Merely interesting. These guys sound like AF crossed with Great Big Sea with some Dylanesque writing. Again all complimentary. Not a weak track. Heard these guys won a Grammy. That true? I guess the Awards are getting to be more than love-in for pop wasteland.