boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store biss Exercice Tools

on October 28, 2012
Solid product all around. Doesn't feel cheap, which is a nice touch and works very well. I have a thick beard and it does a great job chopping through it. Also works great on the chest. Overall very happy with the buy.
on April 1, 2015
This is a great product as all Braun products are. My old Braun beard trimmer wouldn't hold a charge, but to be fair it was over 25 years old. The Cruzer 5 was its replacement and didn't disappoint. It is well made and solid and shares the same charging cord as my Braun series 5 shaver. It is good for all male trimming, hair, sideburns, and other intimate places safely. The head is adjustable for hair length, or can be removed completely. One tip, the instructions just have a pictographic instructions. The head has a button to positively lock the hair length but there is a different technique to remove the guard completely. You squeeze the upper part of the guard and it releases from the cutting head. The attached images illustrates. My thumb and forefinger is on the head release buttons, the length lock button is the blue one on the head. The button by my ring finger is the one and off switch.
review image
on November 8, 2014
The main problem with this unit is, I suppose, also one of it's benefits. It has that adjustable guard, but due to the adjustable-ness of it, the "fingers" can't go full length from the end of the guard all the way to the cutter. I find that on the longer settings, most of the hair simply rolls over that first part of the guard, and then never makes it up as far as the cutter, despite being easily long enough to be cut on that setting.

This is where single-length guards come out on top, I guess.

However, for shorter cuts, this thing works quite nicely.
on January 31, 2015
Looked for a decently priced beard trimmer and found this guy. I have had many Braun products in the past so I already knew it was a decent brand. It comes with two separate trim guards for a more closed shaved beard or a longer guard for long beards and hair trimming. Overall, I really like this trimmer. It trims my beard easily, has a decent battery life and is a darn good price. However, it is missing some of the fancier features like a mini vacuum or self washing head but those are gimmicky anyways.
on November 27, 2015
I found this on sale for 28 dollars and think it's a great trimmer. I've used it daily for 8 days from the initial charge (still haven't ever plugged it in) so I assume the charge is very long lasting if it's calibrated first ( wealways use down all the charge installed on a new item before you recharge it, for greater memory and more properly measured charge data).

This is super easy to use, the length gage is pretty precise and the trim is easy and with no pulling on hair etc.

Def recommended if you find it on sale. Still value in full price though, great trimmer
on December 3, 2015
Was a bit disappointed with the precision especially without any attachments, if you have just the blade itself - not strong enough to give you a solid line up but can give you a decent shape (but would require additional razor/sharper trimmer to really shape well/line up). Also, you'll find yourself going over the same spot at times while not actually getting any hair trimmed even though the hair is longer than the setting. Weird in a way, but one big positive is amazing battery life. Have been really impressed by how little you need to charge it.
on December 3, 2015
Overall performed as advertised. Very long battery life than expected, especially compared to my previous Philips trimmer.
Only shortcoming is that the length adjustment is only every 2mm. Shortest setting being 1mm followed by 3mm, 5... etc. My stubble seems to look best at 2mm length. I know - such a first world problem. Otherwise, this trimmer deserves 5 stars.
on September 4, 2015
A solid trimmer with only one issue. When charging a faint but irritating buzzing sound can be heard. Still Recommend tho
on September 14, 2015
I bought to shave my head and beard - I was using a friend's "animal groomer". This is a lower power unit than the one I was using (it's not made for horses... :-) ) and it does the job but you have to use it often so hair doesn't grow too much. Otherwise, hair tends to get stuck in the adjustable guide part, so I have to clean it a few times when I use it after a few days. Also, make sure to clean it every time - hair between the blade and comb guide ruins its performance.
on February 3, 2016
I was expecting the shaver to be more powerful and didn't realize that there was a stronger shaver model than this. My beard is tough and it is a slow go - they recommend you shave by stages but who really does that!? I try to just maintain a length and if you are not asking for this shaver to work miracles and it is just to maintain a length then fine. If you want it to shave your head and beard in one go without the motor jamming I recommend the next model up that is stronger.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse