march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

on April 1, 2015
This is a great product as all Braun products are. My old Braun beard trimmer wouldn't hold a charge, but to be fair it was over 25 years old. The Cruzer 5 was its replacement and didn't disappoint. It is well made and solid and shares the same charging cord as my Braun series 5 shaver. It is good for all male trimming, hair, sideburns, and other intimate places safely. The head is adjustable for hair length, or can be removed completely. One tip, the instructions just have a pictographic instructions. The head has a button to positively lock the hair length but there is a different technique to remove the guard completely. You squeeze the upper part of the guard and it releases from the cutting head. The attached images illustrates. My thumb and forefinger is on the head release buttons, the length lock button is the blue one on the head. The button by my ring finger is the one and off switch.
review image
on October 28, 2012
Solid product all around. Doesn't feel cheap, which is a nice touch and works very well. I have a thick beard and it does a great job chopping through it. Also works great on the chest. Overall very happy with the buy.
on December 3, 2015
Was a bit disappointed with the precision especially without any attachments, if you have just the blade itself - not strong enough to give you a solid line up but can give you a decent shape (but would require additional razor/sharper trimmer to really shape well/line up). Also, you'll find yourself going over the same spot at times while not actually getting any hair trimmed even though the hair is longer than the setting. Weird in a way, but one big positive is amazing battery life. Have been really impressed by how little you need to charge it.
on January 31, 2015
Looked for a decently priced beard trimmer and found this guy. I have had many Braun products in the past so I already knew it was a decent brand. It comes with two separate trim guards for a more closed shaved beard or a longer guard for long beards and hair trimming. Overall, I really like this trimmer. It trims my beard easily, has a decent battery life and is a darn good price. However, it is missing some of the fancier features like a mini vacuum or self washing head but those are gimmicky anyways.
on December 3, 2015
Overall performed as advertised. Very long battery life than expected, especially compared to my previous Philips trimmer.
Only shortcoming is that the length adjustment is only every 2mm. Shortest setting being 1mm followed by 3mm, 5... etc. My stubble seems to look best at 2mm length. I know - such a first world problem. Otherwise, this trimmer deserves 5 stars.
on September 4, 2015
A solid trimmer with only one issue. When charging a faint but irritating buzzing sound can be heard. Still Recommend tho
on November 8, 2014
The main problem with this unit is, I suppose, also one of it's benefits. It has that adjustable guard, but due to the adjustable-ness of it, the "fingers" can't go full length from the end of the guard all the way to the cutter. I find that on the longer settings, most of the hair simply rolls over that first part of the guard, and then never makes it up as far as the cutter, despite being easily long enough to be cut on that setting.

This is where single-length guards come out on top, I guess.

However, for shorter cuts, this thing works quite nicely.
on March 13, 2016
This thing would have been amazing if it wasn't for the useless comb design. The attachable "beard combs" that let you adjust the length of the trim are terrible. They aren't like the kinds you see with other trimmers. For some reason, Braun tried some funky comb design to match the look of the unit or something and the result is terrible. The combs don't catch hair. They don't catch hair! Seriously. When you want to trim to a specific length you'll need these combs, but all they do is glide over your beard until you apply more pressure at which point it'll just painfully pull on hairs and cut random chunks. No matter what angle or pressure I've tried, I end up with such an uneven and patchy trim that I have to take the comb off and just shave it right down to the skin. I've had to regrow my beard twice because of these stupid combs. Fool me once...

I should mention that i haven't tried it on my head. I have a feeling it would work better because my beard hair is much thicker and gnarlier than the hair on my head and that's obviously a factor in catching the hair. But, most men's beards are thick and gnarly so I don't think I'm the only one who's going to have this serious problem. I think there is another reviewer that mentioned this problem too.

The word BEARD is literally in the name of this product and that's what I bought it for. So, since it can't do anything other than shave OFF a beard I can't recommend this to anyone. The only reason I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 is that it was not an expensive unit so the odd time I do need to shave all the way down it'll get the job done. And, I really like that you can rinse the blades under the tap. But, don't waste your money here, there are many other great trimmers available.
on February 3, 2016
I was expecting the shaver to be more powerful and didn't realize that there was a stronger shaver model than this. My beard is tough and it is a slow go - they recommend you shave by stages but who really does that!? I try to just maintain a length and if you are not asking for this shaver to work miracles and it is just to maintain a length then fine. If you want it to shave your head and beard in one go without the motor jamming I recommend the next model up that is stronger.
on January 8, 2016
It's pretty easy to use and charge. I like that you can change the clips very easily and clean them between uses. The unit does a decent job at cutting beards but if you have a thick beard, it will take many passes to evenly get the fade down. Not sure if the cutting is uneven due to the fact that it's new and is not fully broken in yet. Time will tell.