1.0 out of 5 stars Not at all what I expected, Dec 30 2012
This review is from: Another Life (DVD)
I found Another Life very disappointing. My husband and I have been fans of many BBC movies and series, but this fell far short of our expectations.

1.0 out of 5 stars Who Wants It for Free, March 28 2013
M. Mckeown (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Another Life (DVD)
Whatvavdisaster film. Poor acting poor story. It is exhausting to watch and so predictable. Do not waste your money on this terriblevDVD

2.0 out of 5 stars Can I Give This Away???, March 14 2013
caseygirl (Vancouver Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Another Life (DVD)
I bought this despite the poor reviews. Should have paid more attention to them. This is not a very good production. The story has the potential to be absolutely great but I'm not sure what went wrong here, was it the direction, was it the acting? I just don't know. It seemed all very disjointed to me. The first part is very amatuerish with the heroine running around acting more like a child than an adult. Perhaps that how she was in real life but it just came across badly for me. Tom Wilkinson, who is normally fabulous, played a very minor role and quite an insignificant one. The ending is disturbing considering it actually happened. I don't think our justice system today would have played out quite like that but shows how severe justice was in that era and how it seems from the way this movie tells it, they got it wrong. If you can get this movie for next to nothing it is worth watching but it you have to pay what I paid for it, then don't bother. It isn't very good at all. Too bad really.

2.0 out of 5 stars Forgetable, Nov. 23 2012
Robert Boag (Dundas, Ontario, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Another Life (DVD)
When you asked about a review of Another Life, I must admit I initially couldn't remember watching it, and that was only 4 weeks ago.
I thought back as to why I purchased the movie and, recalled it was the cast, but even the ensemble couldn't uplift this script.
A sordid Victorian love affair with sordid Victorian justice, or rather injustice. I wondered, what was the point of this film?
It is a story (with a couple of changes) that would have been best served if it was woven into a few episodes of Downton Abbey.

Rob Boag

Another Life
Another Life (DVD - 2012)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 13.69