biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on May 27, 2012
I ordered this for the inside of a cargo trailer, so that in the dark, with hands full, I'd be able to see. It serves the purpose with a great amount of light so perfectly that I bought more, specifically for the bathroom in our camper trailer so when the kids have to go to the bathroom in the night, there is no fumbling for a switch. I also put one in the utility room in my house so if the power goes out in i can see the electrical panel to switch to generator. Again, perfect amount of light.

Pros: lots of light, and the motion sensor design and sensitivity is fantastic. Works exactly as I'd wanted and hoped.

Cons: none. It is a bit heavy because of the C batteries, and I was worried that it may not stay connected to its base on the ceiling, but even on the roughest of roads it's right where it belongs when we get there.

They are a bit pricy, but functionality is great.
on May 21, 2012
This was easy to install,and doubles for a night lite. We also had one sent to my daughter and and they have it over the shower but she tells me that they are going to put in new batteries as it started to stay on at a lower light than it should so they think that is a battery problem.We will keep testing but so far so good.
After almost one year it turns out that it goes thru batteries about ever 3- to 4 months.
The O ring that is the seal to keep water out is way too big and can't be used properly.works great as a night light though.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 1, 2014
I bought this for a small hall closet I turned into a pantry about 4 ft wide and 3 feet deep. With the shelves and all the pantry items it gets a little dark and hard to see some items. It is a bit of a pain to turn on the ceiling lights around this pantry just to grab something out. I found this light installed it in less than 15 minutes and it works great. The light is bright - some may feel it is harsh as it is a focused cone of light (smooth reflector) but it does the trick it lights up once I open the pantry door and stays lit as long as I am moving around under the sensor. if I do happen to have the hall lights on it is bright enough that this light's sensor does not activate the light. It is easy to change the batteries in it when necessary just twist it of the base and change the batteries and put it back in.
on October 10, 2012
I really liked this product at first, stationed in my bedroom it would light up my life if I awoke to a bathroom call in the middle of the night. After a month it would turn on at random intervals and flicker then die. Moving it did not change this quirk. One of ten things I should not have bought. Jim Copley
on January 2, 2015
Use these in the shower stall. You have to pull out the light sensor so that only the motion detector is used. Customer service walked me though this.
on November 23, 2015
I bought this set of two MB982 just before a power outage and they worked fine during the outage. Strength is only 100 lumens each, but alright for a small closet or other small area/staircase (I had two of these in a walk-in closet and you could get by). Once the power was one and lights in the closet were working, we found that one would always motion activate even with the lights on, resulting in draining the batteries really quickly. Changing locations and exposing to more light didn't matter, the photo-sensor is defective. The other works as intended. But now I have to return one of them, what a pain. Though I had originally intended to use them in a large shed, I now think that they are not suitable as the light is not bright enough and too focused for this purpose. I would suggest that they would be more suitable for small areas like a staircase or maybe in a camper bathroom where the directed lighting would be effective, otherwise a lantern works better at projecting more omnidirectional light.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2013
Very bright single LED light. Automatically turns on when I open the closet door. Mounting location and position needs some thought depending on the size and layout of your closet in order to get the best illumination. I ended up mounting one on the inside of of the swing out door. I have yet to determine the battery life cycle of the 4 C batteries.
on January 27, 2014
Arrived very fast and is exactly what I needed. The sensor picks you up maybe 5-7 feet away. The LED gives off very good spot lighting. Shuts off after 30 seconds. There were some horror story reviews about the product while I was researching it, glad I got one without problems. It has been dependable since the install which was very simple.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 3, 2013
These ceiling lamps are perfect for the laundry closet or anywhere else where you need light occasionally. In my condo, I use them in the closet where I store my cleaning supplies as well as for the coat closet by the front door. You should position it carefully so that the lights get activated as soon as you open the door (in my case, they were sliding doors). Battery life is not bad as long as you use them for what it's designed - occasional use. If you place them incorrectly (where they are likely to come on-off more frequently) or if you find yourself using them in locations where they get heavy traffic, maybe a hard-wired light is a better option (as compared to a battery-operated one like this one). Each light requires four C-type batteries. Installation is also extremely simple.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2014
I generally find LED lights to be weak and blue but this light is fantastic. We have a closet that is dark and the hallway light doesn't reach it. It's absolutely perfect. I love that it comes on and off by itself. Installation was easy. Should have gotten it sooner!

See 1 answered question