summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

on May 27, 2012
I ordered this for the inside of a cargo trailer, so that in the dark, with hands full, I'd be able to see. It serves the purpose with a great amount of light so perfectly that I bought more, specifically for the bathroom in our camper trailer so when the kids have to go to the bathroom in the night, there is no fumbling for a switch. I also put one in the utility room in my house so if the power goes out in i can see the electrical panel to switch to generator. Again, perfect amount of light.

Pros: lots of light, and the motion sensor design and sensitivity is fantastic. Works exactly as I'd wanted and hoped.

Cons: none. It is a bit heavy because of the C batteries, and I was worried that it may not stay connected to its base on the ceiling, but even on the roughest of roads it's right where it belongs when we get there.

They are a bit pricy, but functionality is great.
on May 21, 2012
This was easy to install,and doubles for a night lite. We also had one sent to my daughter and and they have it over the shower but she tells me that they are going to put in new batteries as it started to stay on at a lower light than it should so they think that is a battery problem.We will keep testing but so far so good.
After almost one year it turns out that it goes thru batteries about ever 3- to 4 months.
The O ring that is the seal to keep water out is way too big and can't be used properly.works great as a night light though.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 1, 2014
I bought this for a small hall closet I turned into a pantry about 4 ft wide and 3 feet deep. With the shelves and all the pantry items it gets a little dark and hard to see some items. It is a bit of a pain to turn on the ceiling lights around this pantry just to grab something out. I found this light installed it in less than 15 minutes and it works great. The light is bright - some may feel it is harsh as it is a focused cone of light (smooth reflector) but it does the trick it lights up once I open the pantry door and stays lit as long as I am moving around under the sensor. if I do happen to have the hall lights on it is bright enough that this light's sensor does not activate the light. It is easy to change the batteries in it when necessary just twist it of the base and change the batteries and put it back in.
on October 10, 2012
I really liked this product at first, stationed in my bedroom it would light up my life if I awoke to a bathroom call in the middle of the night. After a month it would turn on at random intervals and flicker then die. Moving it did not change this quirk. One of ten things I should not have bought. Jim Copley
on January 2, 2015
Use these in the shower stall. You have to pull out the light sensor so that only the motion detector is used. Customer service walked me though this.
on November 23, 2015
I bought this set of two MB982 just before a power outage and they worked fine during the outage. Strength is only 100 lumens each, but alright for a small closet or other small area/staircase (I had two of these in a walk-in closet and you could get by). Once the power was one and lights in the closet were working, we found that one would always motion activate even with the lights on, resulting in draining the batteries really quickly. Changing locations and exposing to more light didn't matter, the photo-sensor is defective. The other works as intended. But now I have to return one of them, what a pain. Though I had originally intended to use them in a large shed, I now think that they are not suitable as the light is not bright enough and too focused for this purpose. I would suggest that they would be more suitable for small areas like a staircase or maybe in a camper bathroom where the directed lighting would be effective, otherwise a lantern works better at projecting more omnidirectional light.
on January 8, 2013
Very bright single LED light. Automatically turns on when I open the closet door. Mounting location and position needs some thought depending on the size and layout of your closet in order to get the best illumination. I ended up mounting one on the inside of of the swing out door. I have yet to determine the battery life cycle of the 4 C batteries.
on January 27, 2014
Arrived very fast and is exactly what I needed. The sensor picks you up maybe 5-7 feet away. The LED gives off very good spot lighting. Shuts off after 30 seconds. There were some horror story reviews about the product while I was researching it, glad I got one without problems. It has been dependable since the install which was very simple.
on February 21, 2016
Got this around Christmas 2015 and installed it in January 2016. It is installed on a 9-ft ceiling so it can give light if people get up middle of the night to go to toilet. It requires 4 C type battery (not cheap!). I installed 4 Duracell Coppertop batteries (bought in Jan 2016; supposed to be good till 2024). First, don't expect a bright light: just enough to ensure you don't run into a wall. But my kids were fascinated by its 'magical' features: they could turn it on simply by walking towards it at night and when the light is off. On those accounts it worked as described: only turns on at night and only in the dark. However, it worked consistently for only about a month. Now sometimes it turn on, many times it does not at all. It can't be the batteries are drained already! If I could I would return it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 3, 2013
These ceiling lamps are perfect for the laundry closet or anywhere else where you need light occasionally. In my condo, I use them in the closet where I store my cleaning supplies as well as for the coat closet by the front door. You should position it carefully so that the lights get activated as soon as you open the door (in my case, they were sliding doors). Battery life is not bad as long as you use them for what it's designed - occasional use. If you place them incorrectly (where they are likely to come on-off more frequently) or if you find yourself using them in locations where they get heavy traffic, maybe a hard-wired light is a better option (as compared to a battery-operated one like this one). Each light requires four C-type batteries. Installation is also extremely simple.