5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect solution
Published on May 27 2012 by tcspeedy

3.0 out of 5 stars Beam light
This was easy to install,and doubles for a night lite. We also had one sent to my daughter and and they have it over the shower but she tells me that they are going to put in new batteries as it started to stay on at a lower light than it should so they think that is a battery problem.We will keep testing but so far so good.
After almost one year it turns out that...
Published on May 21 2012 by JC

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect solution, May 27 2012
I ordered this for the inside of a cargo trailer, so that in the dark, with hands full, I'd be able to see. It serves the purpose with a great amount of light so perfectly that I bought more, specifically for the bathroom in our camper trailer so when the kids have to go to the bathroom in the night, there is no fumbling for a switch. I also put one in the utility room in my house so if the power goes out in i can see the electrical panel to switch to generator. Again, perfect amount of light.

Pros: lots of light, and the motion sensor design and sensitivity is fantastic. Works exactly as I'd wanted and hoped.

Cons: none. It is a bit heavy because of the C batteries, and I was worried that it may not stay connected to its base on the ceiling, but even on the roughest of roads it's right where it belongs when we get there.

They are a bit pricy, but functionality is great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beam light, May 21 2012
After almost one year it turns out that it goes thru batteries about ever 3- to 4 months.
The O ring that is the seal to keep water out is way too big and can't be used properly.works great as a night light though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for small closet, Feb. 1 2014
I bought this for a small hall closet I turned into a pantry about 4 ft wide and 3 feet deep. With the shelves and all the pantry items it gets a little dark and hard to see some items. It is a bit of a pain to turn on the ceiling lights around this pantry just to grab something out. I found this light installed it in less than 15 minutes and it works great. The light is bright - some may feel it is harsh as it is a focused cone of light (smooth reflector) but it does the trick it lights up once I open the pantry door and stays lit as long as I am moving around under the sensor. if I do happen to have the hall lights on it is bright enough that this light's sensor does not activate the light. It is easy to change the batteries in it when necessary just twist it of the base and change the batteries and put it back in.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Happy, Oct. 10 2012
Jim Copley (Crofton, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
I really liked this product at first, stationed in my bedroom it would light up my life if I awoke to a bathroom call in the middle of the night. After a month it would turn on at random intervals and flicker then die. Moving it did not change this quirk. One of ten things I should not have bought. Jim Copley

4.0 out of 5 stars Use these in the shower stall. You have to ..., Jan. 2 2015
Use these in the shower stall. You have to pull out the light sensor so that only the motion detector is used. Customer service walked me though this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Jan. 27 2014
Arrived very fast and is exactly what I needed. The sensor picks you up maybe 5-7 feet away. The LED gives off very good spot lighting. Shuts off after 30 seconds. There were some horror story reviews about the product while I was researching it, glad I got one without problems. It has been dependable since the install which was very simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very bright, April 24 2014
I generally find LED lights to be weak and blue but this light is fantastic. We have a closet that is dark and the hallway light doesn't reach it. It's absolutely perfect. I love that it comes on and off by itself. Installation was easy. Should have gotten it sooner!

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably more useful for places that are very dark with no other sources of light, Feb. 1 2015
This review is from: Mr. Beams MB982 Battery Operated Indoor/Outdoor Motion Sensing LED Ceiling Light, 2-Pack, White (Tools & Hardware)
They make a pretty light. I put one inside my shower since it's too dark inside, but the motion sesitivity business is a pain. It sometimes randomly lights up when I pass by my bathroom door, and sometimes it does not light itself at all until I get near my shower curtain with the regular bathroom lights off. If the bathroom lights are on, or the hallway is lit, it has trouble starting. If it's pitch black in my house it is very easy to turn it on. The other one is in my closet. It functions in a similar fashion. Sometimes it does light up, and other times I have to do a dance in front of it with the other house lights turned off. Uses lots of expensive batteries not included in the package. Let's hope they last a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars good lighting, May 11 2013
Fran C (Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
We really appreciate having this light at the head of the basement staircase. As seniors we don't want to deal with a light switch when we have something in one hand and must grab a railing with the other. It is a night bright light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Product works very well!, Aug. 16 2013
I use this ''Mr. Beams MB 980 Battery Powered Motion Sensing LED Ceiling Light'' in my basement and it does its job
quite well.
The price is reasonable.
I do recommend this Mr. Beams product!

Grandgallo