4.0 out of 5 stars Great for closet lighting
Very bright single LED light. Automatically turns on when I open the closet door. Mounting location and position needs some thought depending on the size and layout of your closet in order to get the best illumination. I ended up mounting one on the inside of of the swing out door. I have yet to determine the battery life cycle of the 4 C batteries.
Published on Jan. 8 2013 by Enlightened

Published on Nov. 8 2012 by Chief Cook

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars UPDATE!!! Perfect solution for any dark area without needing an electrician!, Nov. 8 2012
Chief Cook - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Mr. Beams MB982 Battery Operated Indoor/Outdoor Motion Sensing LED Ceiling Light, 2-Pack, White (Tools & Hardware)
These little lights solved our "dark front entry" problem perfectly! The need both darkness AND motion to be activated and one provides sufficient light (to see) to unlock the front door without being too bright or harsh. They are easy to install (you tube installation video available) and easily detach from the base, for battery replacement, similar to a smoke detector. We have two front doors, one exterior and one inside a sun porch so both lights have been put to good use. I was fortunate to get these lights at a sale price and have already ordered a second set... for a dark room in the basement that only has one ceiling fixture with a string on it; very tricky to find that string in the dark!

November 29, 2013 UPDATE: Unfortunately, this 'perfect solution' was short-lived. We started to notice these lights going on when there was neither motion or darkness (after several months). While some lasted (worked properly) longer than others, eventually they all became non-functional. So, after all, NOT the solution we were hoping for. In a nutshell, not worth the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably more useful for places that are very dark with no other sources of light, Feb. 1 2015
They make a pretty light. I put one inside my shower since it's too dark inside, but the motion sesitivity business is a pain. It sometimes randomly lights up when I pass by my bathroom door, and sometimes it does not light itself at all until I get near my shower curtain with the regular bathroom lights off. If the bathroom lights are on, or the hallway is lit, it has trouble starting. If it's pitch black in my house it is very easy to turn it on. The other one is in my closet. It functions in a similar fashion. Sometimes it does light up, and other times I have to do a dance in front of it with the other house lights turned off. Uses lots of expensive batteries not included in the package. Let's hope they last a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for closet lighting, Jan. 8 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Not super bright but good enough for a closet, Nov. 6 2014
They work most of the time... Sometimes one will come on but the other wont. Not super bright but good enough for a closet. I have mine over my laundry. I find sometimes I have to take it down and shake it to get it to light up.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it., Aug. 13 2014
I found out about this after doing some research online for wire free motion light and this has one of the highest ratings. It arrived so fast and is so bright for my pantry under the stairway. We love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars works great - isolated quality control?, July 4 2014
works as advertised - perfect for dark areas that need portable light-sensor illumination.
only problem was 1 of the 2 sent was wired backward. I used a soldering gun to reverse the wiring versus returning it - works fine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Battery drainer!, June 25 2014
Batteries don't last that long. Pain in the arse to keep removing it from ceiling to replace batteries. Great concept but my major complaint is battery life. Still overall its just OK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 18 2014
A. Campbell - See all my reviews
Does exactly as advertised. We have two walk-in closets in our Master bedroom. They were horrible due to the lack of light. Even turning the ceiling light on in the bedroom would not cast enough light into them to be able to see the closet contents without much difficulty. The Mr.Beams light turns on as the door opens. Fantastic. The auto turn off feature is great and saves the batteries. The light illuminates the whole closet. Such an easy fix for a problem we just lived with for much too long.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent item, Jan. 16 2014
it is really very good product motion detection works fine. it was very handy during a power outage we had recently.

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems ok so far (about 1 month of usage), Nov. 20 2013
Like vit so far for the bathroom shower and clothes closet
Recommend it for small lighting area good deal if you buy two

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›