4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie. Dreadful Blu-ray price!!
Love this movie, but can't believe the Blu-ray price in Canada! On Amazon US, you can pick up both Monsters Inc. and Up for a combo price of US$32.98.

I guess I'm going to have to wait a year, when it's $19.99 at Best Buy.

Come on Amazon Canada, stop ripping Canadians off...please!!
Published on Nov. 10 2009 by G. Heywood

3.0 out of 5 stars This was rated G?
Published on March 14 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie. Dreadful Blu-ray price!!, Nov. 10 2009
G. Heywood (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews

I guess I'm going to have to wait a year, when it's $19.99 at Best Buy.

Come on Amazon Canada, stop ripping Canadians off...please!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Plays Perfectly in Canada/USA, Jan. 12 2013
I'm always cautious when buying "Region Free" movies, but this one if fact does work flawlessly in North America. Very Happy with it, and the picture quality is superb.

3.0 out of 5 stars This was rated G?, March 14 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Monsters, Inc. (VHS Tape)
I enjoyed the movie as an adult, but why does Disney have to put in so much violence into their movies these days? Do they really feel that they have to scare the 3-4-5 year old kids. I was really disturbed when they clamped the 3 year old girl into a chair and were pushing a machine upto the childs mouth to suck the screams out of her. I looked at my daughter (who was 5) and she was terrified. There was nothing humorous in the violence (it was not done tongue in cheek unlike the Bugs Bunny cartoons). This violence was intended to be hurtful and real.
I am afraid that Disney needs to build the murderous plots into their movies. Let's briefly look at the list:
1. Lion King - Uncle murders father
2. Beauty and the Beast - Gaston stabs beast with knife.
3. Monster's Inc. - Attempted murder, kidnapping
4. Hunchback of Notre Dame - Almost drops baby into well...
5. Lilo and Stitch - Aliens try to kill Stitch
6. Tarzan - Don't they kill the mother Gorilla and try to kill Tarzan?
Should these be rated G?
I am a big fan of the stuff done in the 60's and 70's. A lot of it was done with a wink and a nod and a sense of fun.
1. Winnie the Pooh
2. Mary Poppins
3. The computer who wore tennis shoes (The whole Dexter Riley series with Kurt Russel)
4. Herbie the Love Bug
5. Snowball Express
6. Most of the Wonderful World of Disney
I have to admit that even during this time Disney did a few movies which had murder in them (but not everyone). I think the writers at Disney could be more creative and write a good story without relying on lame murder themes. I think Walt would agree. These are kids.
PS: I loved the Matrix, but I don't want my kids to watch it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great movie but...., Nov. 4 2002
By A Customer
You have to sit through 20 minutes of previews everytime you want to watch it. I'm wearing out the skip button because I apparently need to know whats comming in the fall of 2002. I'm guessing this is information I won't need to know in a month or so.... It's really annoying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 10 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Monster, Inc., Jan. 4 2014
Someone's imagination was really stretched when they wrote the script and animated this movie. The kids loved it and I must admit to a certain partiality to it as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Monsters, Inc. still a monster hit!, Dec 16 2013
We had watched this movie on television a few years ago - it was entertaining then, but it's better without the ads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, Nov. 29 2013
Now we have it on DVD. We are so Happy with the quality of the DVD it's self. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, Oct. 2 2013
Bought this movie when it came out for myself, now i have a two year old boy, had to replace the orignial so i went with Blu-ray. we love it even better than the first

5.0 out of 5 stars Monsters Inc 3 D, July 16 2013
This review is from: Monsters, Inc. (Ultimate Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Sous-titres français) (Blu-ray)
This is a great movie to watch. I have it in Blu-Ray and in Blu-Ray 3D I had my mom over to watch it with me and the kids and she is 8o years old and she was amazed.