5.0 out of 5 stars great blender
I have been using this kind of blender for the past 15 years for blending vegetable soup.
The last one lasted almost 10 years. This one has 2 speeds.
It is very well made and easy to clean.
Published on Dec 8 2012 by christophe serano

3.0 out of 5 stars Makes nice hummus
I have only used this 3 times to date - to make hummus. It definitely gets bogged down easily when the beans are dry (before i add liquid) so i have to use short bursts and let it unclog in between. Often it will jam and i quickly pull the plug, though i am learning now how to avoid that.

In general this seems like quite a powerful blender and it is fine for...
Published 1 month ago by shanna

5.0 out of 5 stars great blender, Dec 8 2012
The last one lasted almost 10 years. This one has 2 speeds.
It is very well made and easy to clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very usefull, Feb. 24 2012
I use it to blend Protein shakes. Works very well. Don't use with ice...
I paid 35$, very inexpensive for the quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, Aug. 25 2013
This review is from: KitchenAid KHB1231CL 2-Speed Immersion Blender, Crystal Blue (Kitchen)
I bought this immersion blender to make smoothies but found so many other things that can be created with it. The most impressive attributes are: it crushes ice without a glitch, the cord is long enough to reach anywhere in my work area and best of all, easy to clean. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for an uncomplicated way to blend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent blender, Jan. 7 2013
We have been using this blender for around a year and it has been performing very well, the quality of the components is very good and it has a lot of power.

5.0 out of 5 stars I use it all the time, Jan. 20 2014
Its my to go to tool at in the kitchen! I have the magic bullet, baby bullet (got it as a gift), ... I use the immersion blender all the time, for everything. all of my other tools are pilling on dust,,,
Easy to clean, easy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine, March 28 2015
I absolutely love this immersion blender. It is nice and quiet but powerful too. I read reviews about the blade stick falling off during use after it happened to me once. I realized afterwards that I didn't have it on correctly. There are two raised lines one on bottom of the top motor piece and one at the top of the bottom blade half that once the two pieces are twisted together will line up and click to secure. I use it directly in the soup pot or crockpot for soups, apple sauce and mashed potatoes and it never gets too hot. I've made mayonnaise and strawberry milk with real strawberries in the container provided. It's great. The only thing missing to give it 5 stars is a protector on the bottom to prevent potential scratches. I bought this listed as used on Amazon.ca for the cheaper price. The description said basically that there was a tiny scratch on it but when I received it I couldn't find anything wrong with it. It's an excellent machine for a great price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Makes nice hummus, April 2 2015

In general this seems like quite a powerful blender and it is fine for hummus once i have some oil, lemon juice and water in the mix.

The stainless steel blade enclosure is nice.

I'm still cautious about this blender because the last time i used it there was quite a loud squeal every time it would start or stop. However, after a while the noise went away. At first i thought it was dying, but maybe not. I'll give it some time.

The 3 stars is because i may have a defective one - not sure yet. In general i would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, Dec 23 2012
It's a lot stronger than I thought, I use it all the time. The cream soup are now a breeze to make now that I can puree directly in the pot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hand blender, Oct. 18 2012
Although I haven't owned it very long, it perfoms well and feels powerful and comfortable to hold. I really like the overall design and function of this blender. It has a larger blade than many of the cheaper ones which makes an enormous difference in blending time. The sealed trigger button is also a nice feature and was one of the main reasons I bought this model. It's so much easier to clean this solid surface rubber button than one with gaps and crevasses that will plug up with liquids/food from messy hands. I would have preferred a similar sealed mechanism for the 2 speed switch as well but that's far less critical since most people won't be switching speeds during use. Overall, a well balanced unit with a quality feel to it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite stick blender, June 20 2014
I agree with the reader who says it feels top-heavy. It seems somehow long and awkward compared to most I have used. I was surprised how much the "feel" of the stick mattered to me in the end, I found I didn't like using it so much as a result.

Pureeing frozen fruit chunks was possible but it did seem to struggle. That's all I remember function-wise (it has been a while).

KitchenAid KHB1231CL 2-Speed Immersion Blender, Crystal Blue