5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the whole family
Santa has scored another perfect Christmas Eve and is back at the North Pole to rest. But wait! A toy has been overlooked and not delivered! Who will save the day? Can Arthur, Santa's bumbling son, do it?

Published on Dec 5 2012 by Kona

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars more accurately
Published 1 month ago by Michael

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the whole family, Dec 5 2012
Kona (Emerald City) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Arthur Christmas (DVD)

I loved everything about this movie. The animation is bright and beautiful, the script is witty, the pacing is quick, and it all ends happily. Children will love seeing Santa, the reindeer, and sleigh (even though he usually drives a solar-powered spacecraft aided by a NASA-like control room manned by elves) and adults will laugh nonstop at the very funny dialogue that combines tradition values with modern technology. Turn on the subtitles to catch them all.

The British cast headed by James McAvoy, Bill Nighy, Hugh Laurie, and Jim Broadbent is outstanding and I was left with a big smile on my face. Recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars more accurately, Nov. 10 2014
This review is from: Arthur Christmas (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD] (Blu-ray)
I watched this for free, expecting very little, actually expecting it to be a waste of time. To my mild surprise, I found that as goofy as this movie is, it had enough charm and more importantly heart- to win me over. It's not a favourite of mine by any means, but definitely one I'll watch either every Christmas or every other. It's a decent addition to anyone's Christmas movie collection. Good for those looking to lose themselves for a bit when binge watching holiday movies.

It also doesn't hurt that Toronto is used for a backdrop for a blink and you'll miss it sequence.

Not bad, eh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas FUN, May 6 2013
Great action Christmas movie for all ages. Loved the storyline and reintroduces most all Santa xmas characters. Awesome 3D effects.

5.0 out of 5 stars A smart, exciting, Christmas-y charmer, April 13 2013
dub (Ottawa, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Arthur Christmas (DVD)
This smart, fast-paced rollercoaster of a charmer will interest young and old alike as we see Christmas Eve from the perspective of Santa's youngest son, physically clumsy but with the biggest heart this side of Mrs. Santa, as he tries to right a clerical wrong and deliver a present to a forgotten but faithful little girl.
With a fantastic and classically-trained British cast including Hugh Laurie, Jim Broadbent, Imelda Staunton and James McAvoy, you *believe*. There's a jolt of US paranoia, but fortunately, reality is quickly explained away. Most beautiful moment for me was the first meeting with the reindeer, and although disappointed that they ignored the real North Pole as being in Canada, they showcased a Canadian landmark in a very inventive way.
I'll definitely be seeking out more work by this director.
4.5 bows/5

3.0 out of 5 stars It's really about three generations of Santa Claus caught up in some pretty impressive modern technology to keep business on cou, Nov. 29 2014
This review is from: Arthur Christmas (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD] (Blu-ray)
I hadn't seen this 2011 film before now and was really impressed with the creativity and humour. One of the funniest scenes was on the African continent using the magical flying dust causing all the animals within sprinkle distance to take to the air. It's really about three generations of Santa Claus caught up in some pretty impressive modern technology to keep business on course. The bottom line is to bring the children the gifts they requested, and what a fiasco that is toward the end. After seeing it on TV I purchased the movie for a grandchild.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, July 12 2014
Kyla Pedersen (Campbellford, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Arthur Christmas (Bilingual) (DVD)
Neither of my kids really liked this movie....I can't say it was one of my favourites either....

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, June 19 2014
This review is from: Arthur Christmas (Bilingual) (DVD)
This is a very enjoyable movie. Our household is all adults and my husband enjoyed it too, which is saying a lot. I plan on this being my Christmas movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite Christmas movie, March 20 2014
This review is from: Arthur Christmas (Bilingual) (DVD)
This movie is a hidden gem; It's funny, heartwarming, and dramatic. Arthur Christmas has been added to my yearly Christmas movie watch list (I usually end up watching it more then once). Absolutely recommend this movie for everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, Good Quality, Good Value, March 16 2014
This review is from: Arthur Christmas (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD] (Blu-ray)
I was very happy with the incredibly fast delivery time as well as the price compared to local retailers. This is the first animated Christmas movie in YEARS that I will be adding to my yearly traditions. Really happy it comes with both DVD and Bluray so I can watch at any friends house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whatta Christmas movie!, Feb. 2 2014
David Roy (Ottawa, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Arthur Christmas (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD] (Blu-ray)
It is rare these days that we experience a Christmas movie and realize right away it will join the other classics like Frosty or Rudolph and be must-sees every Christmas. This is definitely one of those. Kids of all ages, as well as adults will enjoy it. It has humour, a great story, and touching moments!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Arthur Christmas (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD]
Arthur Christmas (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD] by Sarah Smith (Blu-ray - 2012)
CDN$ 26.99 CDN$ 19.99