5.0 out of 5 stars call the midwife seasonone, Dec 31 2012
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
It has been a very long time if ever that I have seen a series so well produced and acted the special effects and the facial/body language was so real it was as if you were there in real life.I hear there is another series coming and I just can not wait,an excellent job all round,
Sandy.

5.0 out of 5 stars a superb series!, Feb. 1 2013
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
After all the awful stuff on TV these days..this show stands out heads and shoulders above all! it is well done, well written, meaningful and interesting to watch..you cannot help but like it! maybe i am old fashioned..but shows that mean something and reflect life either now or as it once was are important to have..all these "reality shows" mean nothing..and will they be remembered in 20 years? probably not..
shows like Bonanza, The Waltons, and todays Murdoch Mysteries..are the true meaning of entertainment without profanity and sex...and Call the Midwife is a classic example of a series that will become a "classic" in its time..thanks for making this available to the public..
heather smith
tatamagouche , nova scotia

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Video, Nov. 25 2012
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
Watched this series on TV and just could not get enough of it, so I had to buy the video. I enjoy watching over again. All my friends love the series so the video will get passed around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Nov. 26 2012
George Jones - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
When we first ordered this series, I was concerned that it might be boring and we would be sorry that we had bought it. I was very mistaken. Even though some of the births are quite realistic, this is a delightful movie. We laughed and cried. There's enough humor to ease the tension in the tough episodes. The acting is very good. I recommend this to people who enjoy finding out what life was really like in a former era.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, Feb. 24 2013
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
I really loved this series, had seen one episode on PBS and was captivated. I am hoping there is a season 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very powerful series, really beautifully done, July 21 2014
killerwhaletank - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
This is a fantastic show, following the stories of the midwives serving a poor East End community in London in the late 1950s. The series just isn't about the midwives, though, it's all about the people in the community as well... the midwives, the nuns, and most especially the mothers. The stories are very compelling and real, the characters are wonderful and rich. I have had tears in my eyes by the end of all of the episodes so far, and the hope and strength of all the ladies (and the men) in the show makes it so worth watching, especially when you see their courage in the face of extreme poverty.

The best part is, there are no actual "villains" or dislikeable characters. There characters are just real people that you want to see succeed.

Beautiful show. What more can I say? It will touch your heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars call of the midwife, Feb. 23 2013
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
my wife got hooked on it and loved the dvd. I was pesonally delighted with the time it takes to be delievered to my door step

5.0 out of 5 stars Call the Midwife, Feb. 10 2013
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
Based on a true story, really well done, very good actors. One of the best serie. Just ashame that there are only 6 episodes. Can't wait for the second sesond to come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Call the Midwife, Feb. 7 2013
This series is wonderful. The setting and the characters are portrayed so well. I laughed and I cried and I cheered. Another great series from the Brits who are so good at attention to details and choosing the actors. I can't wait for season two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series!, Feb. 6 2013
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
Excellent series! I can't wait for the next one to begin.It is the most realistic series on childbirth that I have ever seen and I'm in the medical profession.

Call the Midwife: Season One
Call the Midwife: Season One by Philippa Lowthorpe (DVD - 2012)
CDN$ 37.48 CDN$ 19.99