5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Nov. 26 2012
George Jones - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
When we first ordered this series, I was concerned that it might be boring and we would be sorry that we had bought it. I was very mistaken. Even though some of the births are quite realistic, this is a delightful movie. We laughed and cried. There's enough humor to ease the tension in the tough episodes. The acting is very good. I recommend this to people who enjoy finding out what life was really like in a former era.

5.0 out of 5 stars call the midwife seasonone, Dec 31 2012
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
It has been a very long time if ever that I have seen a series so well produced and acted the special effects and the facial/body language was so real it was as if you were there in real life.I hear there is another series coming and I just can not wait,an excellent job all round,
Sandy.

5.0 out of 5 stars a superb series!, Feb. 1 2013
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
After all the awful stuff on TV these days..this show stands out heads and shoulders above all! it is well done, well written, meaningful and interesting to watch..you cannot help but like it! maybe i am old fashioned..but shows that mean something and reflect life either now or as it once was are important to have..all these "reality shows" mean nothing..and will they be remembered in 20 years? probably not..
shows like Bonanza, The Waltons, and todays Murdoch Mysteries..are the true meaning of entertainment without profanity and sex...and Call the Midwife is a classic example of a series that will become a "classic" in its time..thanks for making this available to the public..
heather smith
tatamagouche , nova scotia

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Video, Nov. 25 2012
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
Watched this series on TV and just could not get enough of it, so I had to buy the video. I enjoy watching over again. All my friends love the series so the video will get passed around.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Hart of the Series, Jan. 6 2013
Dave and Joe (Toronto, Ontario) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
After the first episode I was unsure about the series - it was grim without being gripping. Miranda Hart joins the cast in the second episode and the series takes off. Her character adds humour and humanity to the series. Call the Midwife grows from episode to episode and it's easy to really care about the characters - all of them. We look forward to the next series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, Dec 27 2012
nana (canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
The best again! The BBC seem to have just what it takes to put forth a great show. I enjoyed this very much and will order future series. Try it you will truly enjoy the nostalgia and the history of days past. Recommend this to everyone over thirty

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, May 21 2013
bookweasel (Calgary AB) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
This is one of the best pieces of television I have seen. The acting is superb, the story line excellent and the sets so realistic that you would think you can still go there. I was raised in Liverpool in the 50's and I remember our streets looking just like this - rubble from bombings, pre-fab houses (believe it or not made from sheet asbestos) and the old bomb shelters where we used to play. Only the accents are different. At nine years old the mid wife came and my sister was born. All emotions are evoked here. You laugh, fear, cry. Wonderful!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely stories in a bleak time, Nov. 28 2012
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
Interesting UK drama about midwives in a poor neighbourhood after WW2. Fascinating how retrograde some parts of childbirth and healthcare were.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, Feb. 24 2013
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
I really loved this series, had seen one episode on PBS and was captivated. I am hoping there is a season 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars call of the midwife, Feb. 23 2013
This review is from: Call the Midwife: Season One (DVD)
my wife got hooked on it and loved the dvd. I was pesonally delighted with the time it takes to be delievered to my door step

ARRAY(0xbfd4d294)

Call the Midwife: Season One
Call the Midwife: Season One by Philippa Lowthorpe (DVD - 2012)
CDN$ 37.48 CDN$ 24.99