biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Furniture Tools ca_ty_gno

Denomination: 40Design Name: Maple LeafChange
Price:$40.00

on January 15, 2012
I gave a canadian gift certificate to a Kindle lover thinking that the gift could be used for electronic books. I was a little mortified when the person told me that he couldn't use the gift for electronic books as the Kindle can only be filled with the American gift certificate. Oops! I guess that he will use the money on other items but I am disappointed that my gift was not as appreciated as it would have been had I known that the Canadian gift certificates cannot be used for the Kindle. I think that it should be noted in significant lettering that this is the case especially now that so many people are using the electronic books.....
0Comment97 of 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2012
The service I received was awesome. I had mistakenly bought gift cards from Amazon.ca to give as gifts to buy books for Kindle. Once I realized that they could not be used for this, I contact Amazon.ca and the cards were immediately cancelled and my money refunded. Thank you so much for your prompt service. I then purchased gift certificates from Amazon.com and everyone is very happy. Thank you again.
0Comment41 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2012
I bought this gift card for my mom as a Christmas gift so she could buy books for her kindle. I was very disappointed to find out that you can not purchase kindle books with amazon.ca gift cards and can only do so with amazon.com cards. I feel it is very poor customer service that the gift cards are not interchangeable and that you can't buy kindle books with the amazon.ca cards.
0Comment66 of 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2012
If you are buying this gift certificate for an electronic book. It won't work....big big big disappointment ! Find another gift if it's your intent!
0Comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2011
i purchased this for a "teacher" gift only to discover that there is no way to access the purchase of kindle books through amazon.ca. just another way that amazon makes canadians feel subpar with limited access to everything. i will never purchase a gift card for amazon.ca again
on January 14, 2012
I think it is ridiculous that you cannot purchase a kindle book with an Amazon.ca gift certificate. What is the point? Many people now own Kindles.
0Comment34 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2011
I followed the links on your website to purchase a gift card which could be redeemed for a kindle. When my sister tried to use it to purchase a book for her kindle, the gift card was refused. Gift cards should be good for ANYTHING on amazon.ca and I'm very upset that she was unable to use her card for its intended purpose. I found the entire experience very frustrating.
0Comment70 of 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2011
I purchased this gift certificate so the recipient could buy books for her kindle. It was only able to be used for physical merchandise, not e-books and this was not clear in the details of the gift certificate.
on November 25, 2012
I was really disappinted in this certificate as I thought that it could be used to purchase books on a Kindle. This was the intention for the gift and it doesn't work for that purchase.
0Comment28 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2015
A review on a gift card, really? One that you print yourself? So... OK. It was easy to purchase and apparently easy to redeem (happened the next day). The illustration was nice (wish the graphic artist was credited). Print quality was perfect (I have a good printer) and the card was neatly folded (I have good eyes and hands) and the envelope was nice too (because my girlfriend has good taste). I guess you can't be disappointed when you print your own gift card...