5.0 out of 5 stars Purchasing christmas gift cards
Published on Jan. 24 2012 by Debbie White

2.0 out of 5 stars Canadian Amazon gift certificate
Published on Jan. 15 2012 by dlcb

2.0 out of 5 stars Canadian Amazon gift certificate, Jan. 15 2012
I gave a canadian gift certificate to a Kindle lover thinking that the gift could be used for electronic books. I was a little mortified when the person told me that he couldn't use the gift for electronic books as the Kindle can only be filled with the American gift certificate. Oops! I guess that he will use the money on other items but I am disappointed that my gift was not as appreciated as it would have been had I known that the Canadian gift certificates cannot be used for the Kindle. I think that it should be noted in significant lettering that this is the case especially now that so many people are using the electronic books.....

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, Jan. 14 2012
I bought this gift card for my mom as a Christmas gift so she could buy books for her kindle. I was very disappointed to find out that you can not purchase kindle books with amazon.ca gift cards and can only do so with amazon.com cards. I feel it is very poor customer service that the gift cards are not interchangeable and that you can't buy kindle books with the amazon.ca cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchasing christmas gift cards, Jan. 24 2012
The service I received was awesome. I had mistakenly bought gift cards from Amazon.ca to give as gifts to buy books for Kindle. Once I realized that they could not be used for this, I contact Amazon.ca and the cards were immediately cancelled and my money refunded. Thank you so much for your prompt service. I then purchased gift certificates from Amazon.com and everyone is very happy. Thank you again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Gift card unusable for my sister's kindle, April 13 2011
I followed the links on your website to purchase a gift card which could be redeemed for a kindle. When my sister tried to use it to purchase a book for her kindle, the gift card was refused. Gift cards should be good for ANYTHING on amazon.ca and I'm very upset that she was unable to use her card for its intended purpose. I found the entire experience very frustrating.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot buy Kindle books with gift certificate, Jan. 14 2012
I think it is ridiculous that you cannot purchase a kindle book with an Amazon.ca gift certificate. What is the point? Many people now own Kindles.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy the gift certificate if you want electronic book, April 26 2012
If you are buying this gift certificate for an electronic book. It won't work....big big big disappointment ! Find another gift if it's your intent!

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, Nov. 25 2012
I was really disappinted in this certificate as I thought that it could be used to purchase books on a Kindle. This was the intention for the gift and it doesn't work for that purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gift Certificate., Nov. 19 2012
It was the first time I had sent a Gift Certificate via Amazon. I assumed that it would be sent direct to my son-in-law in Canada.
Luckily I printed the Gift Certificate out and visited him two days after his birthday, otherwise he would not have known that I had sent it. I don't know if I missed something out when I ordered it. I put his name and address and assumed it would be sent direct to him.

1.0 out of 5 stars lack of service, Dec 26 2013
I purchased a gift card on line on Nov 23, 2013 as a gift for daughter. When she went to use it there was no registered value. Instead of Amazon checking their own records and correcting this they told her to contact whomever purchased it and prove it was paid for and purchased. I think that is backwards and unprofessional. Amazon should have checked their own records and followed up. I printed the card & received the code from you. To have the recipient do the work is NOT okay.
My daughter has worked through your issues and the situation has just been corrected by Amazon, nevertheless I stand by my disappointment that she was required to do the work in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars first one, Dec 22 2013
this is the first time I have purchased a gift certificate from Amazon, and I was completely satisfied with it. It was very easy to do, and I especially liked that I had a choice of gift certificates I could print to give to the recipient. I will be using this feature again.

Amazon.ca Gift Certificate (Print) - Maple Leaf