Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

Format: Blu-rayChange

TOP 50 REVIEWERon November 7, 2012
This film looks and sounds great. I have been a Queen fan since high school but I have never seen this film. From their Kind Of Magic tour this is roughly the same set as they played on the Wembly DVD but with a much sharper picture and shot much better. Yes the Blu ray/DVD is missing a few songs that are on the CD but in most cases they are covers. They did cut Another One Bites The Dust but we do get a great performance of that on the Montreal Blu ray anyway. The DTS-HD 5.1 mix is excellent as always. You get the feel of being there. Again the front speakers are the main audio with audience and some reverb in the rears to give you that stadium feeling. As a Canadian living in Canada I never got to see this tour since they didn't play North America (was lucky enough to see them on the Hot Space tour however) so having a Blu ray of the tour that was shot on 35mm rocks. Unfortunately according to the liner notes this is the last full show they have that was shot on film but hopefully we will see DVD's or even Blu rays of some of the shows shot on video. As I mentioned in another review it would be great to see a release of the 1977 tour. But for now this is going to get played a lot!
on January 9, 2013
The quality of the audio and video of this concert was outstanding. One could almost forget that Freddie's been gone for 20 years. The quality could convince me that he was still singing in Budapest. This is by far the best concert footage of Queen that I've ever seen. Freddie struts his stuff and reels in the audience in a way that no one else ever could. I was delighted with this purchase and would strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to remember the best of the best.
on November 6, 2012
Today i purchased my copy of this Queen movie, put the disc in my player,turned up the volume on the surround sound and let the a/v hit me! The films colours look great, the band sounds amazing at this show in Budapest. Even though this concert date is after Queens Wembley weekend, Freddie is in fine voice. On the down side of this disc, i didnt like that the 2nd verse of Crazy Little Thing Called Love seems to be edited out and the loss of useable footage for Another One Bites The Dust, which doesn't appear but is heard on the CD versions of the show. The interludes showing the band members walking around they city weakens the pace of the concert. Well i can't be too picky as its amazing just to have any footage of Queen from this era. All in all this is a must have for all Queen fans! 5 stars out of 5!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 5, 2012
As mentioned in previous reviews, this is another video release from the same tour as the Wembley release in '86.
Unsure if it was for copyright reasons but a few tracks were left off the DVD/Blu-ray released but included on the CDs - or maybe just bad footage.
This concert was actually released as Live In Budapest [...] but only on VHS tape [except for the bootlegs floating around that were transferred to DVD] in 1991 and again in 2001. Most likely same footage - just cleaned up.
Obvious DTS-HD 5.1 was added to the Blu-ray release as well as the high definition video [in full screen].
Included is a 27 documentary of the tour. No additional footage. Would of liked to see a concert-only variation of the video.
Outside the lacking of additional video material, the only other downside is the fact that the packaging uses those plastic disc holders. [For better packaging look at the 3 disc set of Pearl Jam's Twenty.]
on December 7, 2012
This is the last tour that Queen played with Freddie Mercury. Luckily we have this amazing blue-ray. You must own it!
on May 30, 2013
If you're a die-hard Queen fan or a history buff (first rock group behind the iron curtain I believe) than you MUST own this. Otherwise, if you have "Live at Wembley" it is not necessary. I had Live At Wembley on DVD 4/3 format and did not want to upgrade it to blue-ray so I opted for this. There must have been a technical difficulty durin "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" because they skip a part. It's fun to see footage of the band discovering Hungary. The band shows a lot of energy on stage and you can see they are genuanly happy to do this concert and of the response of the crowd. I have been to 5 Queen concerts, it's a kind of magic to bring THEM (and thousands of fans) to my living room...
on January 5, 2013
This Blu-ray/2CD set went beyond my expectations. I really didn't expect it to look and sound as good as it does. After years of watching this concert on VHS I became used to its appearance as such. Now, on Blu-ray, it's like watching it for the first time. Crystal clear images, warm colours, surround sound, widescreen presentation and the added bonus of the entire show on 2 audio CDs. Great job, Queen Productions. Make sure to check out The Great Pretender too.
review image
on January 28, 2014
DVD came really quickly, and the quality of the picture and sound is impressive considering it was filmed in the 80s. Great performance by Freddie. The rest of my family hated Queen, but after watching this DVD a few times they're beginning to understand why Queen is so amazing
on August 27, 2013
You love Queen, you'll love them even more in Blu-Ray! Crisp and sharp with the amazing sound. I loved this video of the concert, but I find that you must have also the Live in Montreal Blu-Ray to have all of the complete song hits.
on February 18, 2013
Another good blu-ray DVD with one of our favorite bands. We were a little worried at the beginning since we were not familar with the first few songs but we quickly got over it because it was an excellent show.