5.0 out of 5 stars Led Zep For the Last Time? A Lot to Like
There is a lot to like in the CELEBRATION DAY: DELUXE EDITION package, including a Blu-ray
version of the December 2007 concert that is rich in colour and detail, yet easy on the eye.
The pair of cd's that duplicate the musical content on the Blu-ray in fine style are accompanied
by a very interesting dvd of a rehearsal of the show, recorded four days...
Published 24 months ago by Uldis Kundrats

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
meh, played it twice and thats it. just stick with the LZ audio...
Published 8 months ago by V

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, July 5 2014
V (Whitehorse, Yukon) - See all my reviews
meh, played it twice and thats it. just stick with the LZ audio...

5.0 out of 5 stars Celebration Day is a major triumph!, June 16 2014
Joseph Monachino (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
The members of Led Zeppelin reunited to perform beyond expectations! A must see for all rock fans! See it soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cause For Celebration, April 22 2014
I'd recommend this to any Led Zeppelin fan, with Jason(John Bonham's son) behind the kit the band sounds as exciting and good as ever.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a dissapointment, April 12 2014
Pierre Coach (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
Good show, but the tradition of poor recording that has always plagued Led Zep continues...It sounds alsmost like it's the same bunch of stoned bozos that did the mastering back in the 70's

5.0 out of 5 stars I Can Die Happy, March 30 2014
Sherman (Tillsonburg, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Saw them itn the 60's & now this superb show. With crap bands like Maroon Five & Coldplay rock was on its deathbed. Than along came the Zep to save it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice audio quality, March 16 2014
Gis A. Bun (Montreal, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Title says it all.... Excellent audio to an excellent concert. Too bad no extras were included in this great release.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warped Vinyls, Expected So Much More!, March 6 2014
Beyond disappointed with these vinyls. Tested out LP 1 and 2 and had enough. Packaging was amazing, high quality box, sleeves, and artwork. Too bad the most important part -the vinyls themselves- were an embarrassment. One would expect a lot more from these guys! Even at a "bargain" price of $33 you need something that isn't absolute crap. Returning this ASAP.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sounds like crap for DTS-HD, Feb. 8 2014
Alpina Roadster-S - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Boy was I looking forward to a good sounding DVD-A when I purchased this. I mean, Zep on a High Rez format, in surround! I have dozens of concert videos/audio discs and this one rates at the bottom of the list in sound quality. Harsh, bright, non-existent soundstage depth. Surround mix? what surround? everything is concentrated in a 4 foot range between the front speakers. Horrible!

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't get any better!, Jan. 23 2014
This review is from: Celebration Day: Deluxe Edition (CD Digipak + Bonus Material) [2 CD + Blu-ray + DVD] (Audio CD)
Love this set! The bonus included is interesting, because it shows them in rehearsal...so you get the bonafide performance along with some of the "behind the performance" work. Would highly recommend this set to anyone who appreciates Led Zeppelin.

5.0 out of 5 stars What can be said?, Dec 30 2013
Cattieluver (Ottawa, Ontario) - See all my reviews
I was a Led Zeppelin fan back in the 70s, had all of their albums, and even had tickets to go see them when the concert was cancelled because Robert Plant's son died. That was the closest I ever got to Led Zeppelin I was introduced to their music by a young friend when I was about 13.- it was Led Zeppelin 2. I have not done more than buy their DVDs because all rock and roll bands are old or dead since the band broke up so when I decided to watch this video on TV I was struck right between the eyes with the most amazing concert I have ever seen on DVD. I was giggling at points by how utterly these senior citizens (plus a drum substitute) could blow any band, young or old, off the stage. I easily forgave the few errors made early in the show because I have seen another bands take a few songs to warm up. I easily forgave Jimmy's improvisation that seemed to work through discordant notes around the original music in places. I easily forgave Robert Plant's inability to hit the notes the way he did 40 years ago when he was singing. I forgave all the flaws in the music and/or film production (minor as they were) because these guys proved that music is everything. It matters not how elaborate a stage production you have when you have truly good music to present to people.

I am now on my 4th viewing of the Blu-ray Disc and I'm still blown away. Thank you, Led Zeppelin, for reminding me how good you guys really are and why more than 18 million people tried to buy tickets for this concert online. One can only shake their head at some of the crap being presented today to the kids and this band showed they were so far ahead of the crowd it also made me laugh. They are outstanding and the best rock band that ever existed even now.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›