Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

on January 1, 2013
I've been waiting for this since it's recording in 2007 and it doesn't disappoint. This is a must have for any Zeppelin fan or for anyone who could appreciate the roots of blues-based rock music. They may not be at the top of their form - let's face it, they are senior citizens. However, they are in fabulous shape for the shape they're in. The production is spectacular, the playing is flawless and Plant's voice regains some of its power and youth. Jason Bonham's performance is admirable if not superb. Of course, I would a like to see other favourites in the set list (The Ocean comes to mind) but you will gain an appreciation of the (perhaps) less popular cuts such as No Quarter and Since I've Been Loving You. Good Times, Bad Times knocks your socks off as an opener, Kasmir is superb and Rock and Roll is a powerful finisher. This performance is not to be missed.
on November 8, 2013
Everything is great until Plant opens his mouth andBonham plays the cymbals, which bleed through everything else. Considering that it's a DTS HD Master recording, it could, and should, have been so much better. When compared to Cream at the Albert Hall, one rapidly understands the only value of the concert is historic.

Sad, as the bass and guitar tracks are excellent. I can only wonder what the sound crew had against Bonham and Plant, as, in my opinion, the problem is tecnical rather than artistic in nature. Can't understand why the drum kit didn't have any kind of physical isolation from Plant's microphone.

Picture quality is quite good.

Review is based on BluRay disc, played through Totem surround system and Pioneer Kuro Elite television.

Celebration Day (Blu-ray Digipak) [2 CD + Blu-ray]
on December 16, 2012
This is a fine quality show. Luckily they have a fair bit of slow tempo items for this disc to be ?a must. John Paul Jones ; I found his stuff REAL HEAVY and Jason does quite a fabulous job! Also two songs are pretty humorous in the light of this being somewhat ~ in the 'Led Zeppelin' theme!! But Black Dog is swinging and I like 'Since I've been loving you' quite a bit. Be ready for an a REAL QUALITY 'Stairway to Heaven' (really!) on this album! Still owning every studio album that Led Zeppelin has done i can "only" give this package a 4-star rating since you will pay a lot for your cds .&How the West was Won, might be a tadf more, exciting. I would suggest every Led Zeppelin album , but get this instead of the Song Remains the Same.

Also, if you were wondering this can be cool without the video, it still rocks!!
on December 20, 2012
Set your receiver to DTS ok before starting the Blu-Ray. I listened to this for the first time and it is a sample of 10 different Led Zeppelin albums. It is amazing how simple today's pop music is compared to this 70s music... Even in their 60s they make a point: Them rap artists and Bieber wanna bees do not hold a candle to the level of effort and genius required to put together the callibre of music Plant, Page, Jones and Bonham have put together during their short time together which is magnificiently representer in the concert shot in 2007. Look... Led Zeppelin is the best band to have ever been brought togetheri n all of 'Rock and Roll' 's history and with Jason Bonham making a very good showing at the drums I am longing hopelessly for a world tour that would bring them to Ottawa, Canada some day...
on January 11, 2013
I bought this concert pack with my husband in mind. He's a big Led Zeppelin fan. Well we weren't disappointed. The image and sound are great and it's a fantastic concert. My husband and I enjoyed all the song selected for the concert, including fan favorites. Also, The Band enjoyed their time on stage. You can see the joy in their face. The CDs have the same song list as the concert, that's great. We also listened to the DVD bonus. The DVD is a recording of a practice session. Well, once you've listened to the concert, the practice session is not interesting. Other than that, great package! It's worth it.
on December 15, 2012
Being a huge Led Zeppelin fan ( lucky enough to see them twice ) I loved every second of this. Sure they've all gotten allot older, but they still know how to make me very happy. As for Jason Bonham... he was amazing! His Dad is so proud, I'm sure. My personal favorites were Whole Lotta Love, Dazed and Confused and Kashmir. My only complaint ( if you can call it one ) is that Jimmy Page didn't play the theremin enough. I just happen to love it and would have really enjoyed 1/2 an hour of it !! All in all, a HUGE hit for me.
on February 6, 2013
Listened to Led Zeppelin growing up and only saw a few videos of them live as kid befor Bonham died. While a fan I can't say I was Led Zeppelin crazy. But I collect concerts so I figured I'd add this one. Wow, I think if I'd have even seen them live I would have been a bigger fan. Jimmy can still play, and Plants voice is way better than I thought it would be. If you could wear out a DVD this one might be done. Excellent value.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Boy was I looking forward to a good sounding DVD-A when I purchased this. I mean, Zep on a High Rez format, in surround! I have dozens of concert videos/audio discs and this one rates at the bottom of the list in sound quality. Harsh, bright, non-existent soundstage depth. Surround mix? what surround? everything is concentrated in a 4 foot range between the front speakers. Horrible!
on December 19, 2012
I've seen Led Zep a couple of times.

WOW! What a concert. They can still rock out. Incrdible energy throughout the concert.
Jason Bonham does a SUPERB job covering for his Dad, who couldn't make it. The others are older and if anything BETTER than back when.
Really enjoyed being there while sitting in my living room. Got to see them better than ever.
on January 28, 2013
I am writing this cuz the zep fan should know this. If you're real fan of zep and have been enjoying what they have done for the last forty year or so, these DVD and CD are the must. You will appreciate them and enjoy. The chemistry and sound are still there. I have watched the DVD four time so far this in a month and loving it. Recommand it all the way !!!!!!!