biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Tools ca_ty_gno Exercice

• GRRR!

on April 6, 2014
I was leary of trying out these 'relatively new' Blu Ray Pure Audio discs. I lean towards DVD DTS 5.1 Audio, Blu Ray 5.1 Audio, SACD multi-channels, and SHM-CD's. I was pleasantly surprised at the audio quality on this. I am running an Onkyo NR-818 through 4 ohm Martin Logans, Soundstage Monitors, and Infinity Reference monitors, with two Velodyne 15" subs. True 7.2 audio. The EXACT available formats on this disc are this: 2.0 PCM 24-bit/96Khz. 2.0 DTS-HD Master Audio 24 bit/96Kz. ( I use this one), and 2.0 Dolby TrueHD 24 bit/96Khz. The DTS Master Audio is the best if your amp will convert it. I am also using an OPPO for playback. I've listened to ALL the other remasters available for "The Stones" out there, and some are VERY GOOD. THIS ONE.........is exceptional. And I'm fussy as hell on my audio. It's cheap. Pick it up. FIFTY FRICKEN SONGS. I usually run it at reference volume through the Onkyo at 82. It won't make your ears bleed, but it will break glass, and give you a good massage in your audio chair with two subs. SUPER CLEAR. No high end boosting that so many idiot companies are doing. This is crystal audiophile material. You won't find better, in my opinion. IF YOU DO - LET ME KNOW AND I WILL BUY IT. The only BETTER quality discs I have are Roxy Music Avalon SACD multi channel. (yeah, try and find that one!). The Onkyo 'matrixes' the 2.0 signal to a full 7.2 on my system. Sure you're not going to have the fancy surround effects that Roxy has, but The Stones weren't designed for that. This is straight on rock and roll, and it rocks. High marks on this one.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon January 20, 2014
Yes this is one of the endless compilations from the Stones. But I picked it up for the format and it was worth it. I already have most of the Stone's albums on SACD and I can tell you this format is better. Plus you are not looking at a $50+ SACD but a Blu ray for around $20 that has three discs worth of material on one Blu ray. Even the Stone's sound better (not a slag on the Stones but high end production was never their thing). I have also picked up "Exile" in this format and it to is better then the SACD.
I do have one question and that is why is Amazon.ca not selling these titles? They sell out really fast and I have bought all but one from sellers. Once again the people who still support the record industry are forced to search around to buy their product. In most cases Amazon is the sole place I can grab any high end format and usually I have to use .com or .UK.
But this product is a great way to hear all of the Rolling Stones hits (well a lot of them). An upgrade for those of us that have bought their product in the past or an excellent introduction for someone just checking them out!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 6, 2013
Like some of the others mentioned, another compilation has been released by them, and was just in time for that mini tour [and whether or not they surprise us with a lengthier one].

So you have basically almost the same old tracks from 40 Licks minus a couple, add a bunch and two tracks recorded in Paris in 2012. Each CD averages to about 60 minutes.

Oh, if you go to amazon.co.uk, they are selling a Blu-ray version of Grrr in high definition stereo. It's region free.
on February 21, 2013
Best Stones collection so far, excellent packaging all the hits plus some excellent surprises also. Their new stuff for this collection is AWESOME!!! If you want a Stones Greatest hits package, this is it. 5 Stars!!!!
on December 7, 2012
Love the Stones, but wish there had been more than one new song. It gives you a lot of everything thru all the years, without the price of a box set !
on March 21, 2014
I love the set list, ( i do not have a rolling stones set yet, so for me i like this one) ... The casing seems solid enough, you need to be careful with the inner case as the glue looks as if it can be easily peeled up/off - by hitting your arm on it -

The First time i purchased the set - it all looked in order - once i noticed the vinyl sleeves (a thicker red paper -almost Bristol board paperish) were all ripped at the sides, and the vinyl had small scratches all over it - in small spots- like it was spotted with scuffs (id say 8 out of the 10 sides. . . . so send it back
I get it again, -really quickly- and the inner sleeves are all good... but the vinyl is almost the same, a little better maybe. I have never bought a record with these scratches on it.. they are most definatly from the inner sleeve . its a thicker paper, and it must cause this problem.. I have played over the scratches parts and i honestly cant really tell, - they are not deep scratches- Its just disappointing to look at your new set and see it kinda all scratched up.
All in all its pretty good.. 150$ to your door is not to bad for this, and i'm glad i got it, i would recommend as soon as you take out the records put them into a new sleeve cover - - either the basic white ones or idealy the plastic (clear) sleeves (if you play them) otherwise taking them in and out of the sleeve will scuff them up more than they already are..
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2013
The 50-track bluray is a great trip thru 50 years; I wasnt about to get this set but the UK region free disc is a sweet deal. Doesnt have the depth of the Singles London Years' 58 tracks over 9 years, but will sweep you along and the audio is spectacular, 24/96 if you please, the only reason to buy this material, again.
on July 15, 2013
Really good songs and band playing was excellent. Anyone who likes this type of music should have this in their library. A great compilation of their songs.
on January 18, 2013
A very entertaining musical experience encapsulating 50 years of music from one of rock n roll's greatest bands, the Rolling Stones.
on July 14, 2014
Very complete sample of the 1962 to 2012 production of hits. Maybe some hits are missing and other tunes don't really belong here but overall it's a great compilation. Always nice to listen and discover new aspects of the Stones' music.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse