countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on October 16, 2013
This is a GREAT multifunction printer! It does it all - prints, scans, copies and faxes - and all wirelessly. It has two separate trays for loading paper and other media (printable discs, photo paper) and the print quality is extremely good. It was super easy to setup and works like a charm. The only drawback - it prints quickly but not at lightning speed. I would highly recommend this printer to anyone with a home office or for personal use. What I don't recommend is you buy it from Amazon... Check out Staples, Future Shop, Best Buy, etc. for the best price. I got it on sale for $85 at Staples!
These days as all of our electronic devices seem to be getting smaller, this combo printer/copier/scanner/fax machine is the largest that I've seen in years! It just barely fits into the space I've designated for it. That said, it seems as solid as any printer I've owned. (And it should, given the size!) Set-up was easy and since it works wirelessly as well as with a USB connection, there wasn't much to be connected. Since it has WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) if you have a router with the same, you can connect your wireless devices by simply pressing and holding down the button on the router while pressing the OK button in the printer setup screen. The rest of the setup goes pretty quickly. The print quality is very good. I haven't done a lot of photos so far but what I have done turned out very well.

The printer has lots of nice features like printing on both sides of the paper automatically without having to manually turn the paper over. It has high resolution and can print borderless photos. There are four ink cartridges but when one color runs out it can be changed singly without having to change them all at once. If you have an Air Print compatible iPhone or iPad you can print wirelessly from your device with this printer. You can scan printer copy up to 35 pages at a time in the feeder without having to stand there and feed them one at a time. I use this printer often to scan and save documents from my computer and it's very simple to use and you can save documents in the PDF format. For example, I will scan receipts for my expense account, save them as a .pdf and then attach the .pdf to an email to send off to my company. It's simple to do and saves me a lot of time.

The only drawbacks that I have seen with this printer is that it often goes through what sounds like some sort of set up with gears turning in papers shifting before it prints the document. This seems to happen when I haven't used it for a day or two. It can take a couple minutes before it actually gets around to printing. The other complaint is that it frequently loses its Wi-Fi connection. I'm not sure why this happens. It's easy enough to reconnect with the WPS, but can be a little annoying when I go to print something and find out that it's not connected.
on September 16, 2014
This is Canon's top of the line office multi-function printer. The printer has all of the features you need. It features wireless connectivity and supports Airprint, Google Cloud Print & email to print functions.

The printer was easy to set up and the quick start manual was easy to follow. The printer came with starter ink tanks. I have had the printer for a month now and have printed quite a lot for college and I still have a lot of ink left! This printer sips ink and that's good to know as the official cartridges are expensive, you can pick up refilled ones on Amazon, however I have found quality on those poor.

The ink tanks are individual and features a pigment based black cartridge for text, that does not smudge when highlighted.

The printing speed and quality are top notch and its even fast when printing in duplex mode.

Scanning is a breeze and it can be done remotely via the software provided. Copying is great as well, the settings are easy to set. The one feature that sold me was the auto document feeder is auto duplex so scanning a 2 sided document is fast.

I have not used the fax function yet. I recommend buying this printer when its on sale. When I bought it there was a back to school promotion and it was sold for $ 89.99 !
on May 17, 2015
Good quality prints. However, the menus are overly complicated and not very intuitive. I ended up referring to the manual too often. And for some reason the ink cartridges drip when you remove the plastic seal - can be a little messy. Also the tray door automatically pops open when you print. But sometimes the paper support doesn't retract properly when you close it. Overall I'm happy with the quality of prints, but not overly impressed with the menu system or build quality.
on March 28, 2016
Great Printer.I print photos. Very nice. Setting up Wireless is clumsy.I couldn't. Prefer USB Connection Cable.