5.0 out of 5 stars The future is here!
I love my new XBOX. It was delivered on the 22nd even though initially I got an Amazon email saying otherwise earlier. The packaging was fine, everything arrived intact.

Un-boxing and setup was a breeze. The console fits in nicely with the rest of my media equipment, and is pretty darn quiet.

The user interface / kinect control is excellent and...
Published 11 months ago by Kent Byer

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken
Broke after 1 day, went to turn it on and it would just beep, I wasn't impressed with kinect or the tv integration, but games look really good
Published 10 months ago by Diego M

5.0 out of 5 stars The future is here!, Nov. 26 2013
This review is from: Xbox One Console - Day One Edition (Video Game)

The user interface / kinect control is excellent and even though there is room for improvement, it's works very well in my small living room . I really like being able to swap instantly from TV to gaming with a simple command. It works pretty well for me. I can't wait until Microsoft has the guide working in Canada.

There can be some frustration with how things work as compared to how the 360 (like party chats and multi-player invites, controller battery status) , but it is the first software version of a new generation of gaming.

The graphics, game DVR, multi-tasking abilities are amazing and as the operating system improves, it can only get better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing! Perfect for Gamers and non-Gamers., Dec 11 2013
Dennis Madison (Midland, Ontario) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Xbox One Console - Day One Edition (Video Game)
I am a die-hard Xbox fan and when this was announced I pre-ordered it within the hour.
I normally keep my Xbox in my basement for gaming, but when the One arrived my wife actually suggested we put it in the living room to see how the whole integrated experience worked. We both love it so much in the living room that we are currently looking for another for the basement :)

The Kinect voice commands is what really makes this console shine for the non-gamer. Anyone can easily turn it on just with the command "Xbox On". What I didn't realize until I got everything hooked up was that the One also turns on our surround sound receiver and TV at the same time - no more having to switch HDMI inputs on the remote! We can be watching TV and decide to switch to Netflix with just the "Xbox go to Netflix" command. Like I said, it's the Kinect that really makes this console shine in the living room.

As for gaming, I bought the two games I religiously purchase - Forza 5 and Call of Duty Ghosts. The speed, graphics and sound are stunning! Again, it's a breeze to jump into a game and back to TV within seconds or vice-versa. This just wasn't possible with the 360.

No one I know really used the Kinect on the 360, but this new Kinect is so good that we don't hesitate to use it. People complained that the Xbox One was $100 more than the PS4 and that extra cost was the Kinect, which people thought wouldn't be used and should be sold separately. If the Xbox One didn't come with the Kinect I doubt my non-gamer spouse would want to keep it in the living room. Our living room is starting to feel like something from the future :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gaming and MORE!, Dec 1 2013
This review is from: Xbox One Console - Day One Edition (Video Game)
This console dares to do more than just gaming. Having now spent over a week with the XboxONE I can say wholeheartedly that this is worth the extra $100 over the PS4. Not only are its launch games much better, it seamlessly fits in your living room and the TV functions actually works surprisingly well.
This is the gaming device to pick up if you ever wondered what it would be like to have your Console do more than just gaming. Dont be fooled by images of it as well, its actually quite a bit smaller than you would think and the Kenict voice commands are a breeze once you get a hang of it (took me about 2 days).

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, Dec 16 2013
This review is from: Xbox One Console - Day One Edition (Video Game)
Love playing video off my home desktop computer, controlling it with my tablet, feels so good.

Voice command is not always the most reliable. Sometimes Kinect have trouble recognizing me. Overall super awesome purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Received on launch day, Nov. 29 2013
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox One Console - Day One Edition (Video Game)
Pre-ordered the Day One Edition. Maybe it is due to living in the GTA but my package was picked up by UPS on the 21st and was delivered to me the next day, so completely satisfied. I also received the play and charge kit in the same shipment (although ordered separately). I had purchased some games through FS because they had a 3 for 2 promo for pre-ordering this past summer. The title that released on launch day didn't arrive till the following week on Monday. Overall happy with the purchase and the shopping experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Looking Product. Shame in Amazon for Lying to Buyers, Nov. 16 2013
This review is from: Xbox One Console - Day One Edition (Video Game)
The Xbox One looks great and has a number of new features that truly make it next gen. I was so excited that I pre-ordered my console in July. I chose Amazon because I was under the impression that this Day One version would be shipped so that I could enjoy it on launch day.

Unfortunately it looks as though Amazon has pulled the wool over us loyal customers eyes and has decided to ship on the Friday. Meaning the product won't arrive until the middle of the week following launch. Amazon has promised launch day delivery to its American customer, but apparently does not value its Canadian customers the same way. Of course they did not confirm this with buyers until a the week before launch, meaning we don't have the opportunity to find a seller that values their customers and delivers on its promises.

So although I would highly recommend the Xbox One, I urge you to shop elsewhere for your product. Its obvious that Amazon does not hold the same standard of customer service to Canadians as it does to its American market. I would suggest purchasing from the Microsoft store, Best Buy or Future Shop. Don't give your money to a company that obviously has no issue with misleading their customers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids Loved It...Friends Were Sad..., Jan. 10 2014
This review is from: Xbox One Console - Day One Edition (Video Game)
Christmas Day was a hit thanks to Amazon. The day Xbox One came out, the hubby and I ran around to SEVERAL different stores to find one...NO LUCK. Came home, tried to order one from Microsoft...checkout page kept crashing...checked Amazon on a whim...and BAM, in 30 seconds I had one ordered and it arrived the next day (thank you Prime!), which was one day earlier than expected. Also a DAY ONE EDITION, so the kids were really happy about that. I don't think anyone in our house was happier than Daddy. A few of our friends were sad they couldn't find one before Christmas...but had no problems coming over to play it while it was secretly hooked up and the kids were in bed. Needless to say we are all very happy and grateful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't say enough good things..., Jan. 1 2014
This review is from: Xbox One Console - Day One Edition (Video Game)
For those wondering, kinect doesn't need to be plugged in, you don't need a constant internet connection, your profile/gamer score is transferred over from the xbox 360.

I love my Xbox One, the voice controls on the kinect are great, as well as the controller. When I bought my Xbox they were sold out everywhere, but Amazon managed to have them in stock. I also picked up Dead Rising 3, zoo tycoon, and Ryse, all of which are great launch titles that I'm still having tons of fun with. I literally don't even navigate the xbox home dashboard with a controller anymore, I just use my voice. I also like how the xbox lets you sync it to your tv and home theatre system, so by just saying "Xbox On" all devices turn on at the same time

5.0 out of 5 stars The next generation, Feb. 27 2014
This review is from: Xbox One Console - Day One Edition (Video Game)
I have both the XB1 and the PS4. Don't listen to any fanboys from either side of this "console war", they have no idea what they are talking about. The truth is; both consoles perform identically. Buy whichever one your friends are getting, so that you can play online with them. The only difference is the $100 price difference, which is due to the XB1 coming with the Kinect. Also, XB1 has Titanfall as an exclusive, so that might be worth your while too.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, Nov. 22 2013
This review is from: Xbox One Console - Day One Edition (Video Game)
Yes! Amazon.Ca got it to me on launch day! System is just fantastic. Very slick and snappy UI, face and voice recognition have been flawless so far.

Too bad SonyGAF can't take it that the ps4 has had far, far, more issues out of the gate and have to leave all these 1* UNVERIFIED reviews. Oh well it's their loss.

I've only been messing with the XB1 for a couple hours so I don't have much else to say, I've got some great games to go play! Hopefully Canadian cable companies will offer the guide service here, but between them and the crtc I'm not holding my breath.

Xbox One Console - Day One Edition
Xbox One Console - Day One Edition by Microsoft CA II (Xbox One)
CDN$ 599.99