5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product for the price.
Have used this dryer lots right from the minute I got it. Quiet operation, temperature setting a plus. Cleans up easy. Have discovered drying fruit and vegies is quick and delicious.
Published 9 months ago by Shirley Schandelle

3.0 out of 5 stars works but plastic breaks
Published 3 months ago by Brenda Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product for the price., Dec 5 2013
Shirley Schandelle - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for our use, Feb. 26 2014
This review is from: Salton Food Dehydrator, White (Kitchen)
We have used this model for almost a year now and every time we get perfect results. We primariliy dry apples, bananas, strawberries, mango and pears in it. Jerky is the next trial. We have made camping food too by dehydrating chicken and tune and tomato sauces. It is basic but does what it needs to. Dried fruit snacks overnight.

4.0 out of 5 stars my family enjoyed a lot, Feb. 25 2014
This review is from: Salton Food Dehydrator, White (Kitchen)
Dehydrator worked well as described! we tried various fruits and veges on all 5 trays and all came out very well.
The price of dehydrator was reasonable and we were able to save some money on buying those expensive fruit chips.
Another thing that impressed us was that shipping and delivery were quick - I got it within 2 days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Feb. 18 2014
Marjorie (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Salton Food Dehydrator, White (Kitchen)
I have been using this product every weekend since I got it and it works better than described. I can make almost anything in it and it is enjoyed by everyone in the family. Very easy to use guidebook and easy to use and clean.

3.0 out of 5 stars works but plastic breaks, May 11 2014
Brenda Pink "snorkelgeek" (Lethbridge, AB, CAN) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Salton Food Dehydrator, White (Kitchen)
I opted for this cheaper model of deyhdrator to see if I could create my own dog treats. The dehydrater works great. It's relatively quiet - though every once in awhile the fan seems to get out of alignment and makes awful noises. It dries really quickly. However, almost immediately the trays started cracking. The manual says the trays are dishwasher safe, but I wouldn't take a chance. The trays cracked in numerous places and in some cases, big chunks of the grid on the bottom were starting to crack off. I took about 1-2 hours one day and glued them all back together so they are limping along, but I don't think they are going to have a long life. I will use this until the trays disintegrate and then will probably upgrade to a metal shelf one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dehydrator almost caught on fire?, March 22 2014
This review is from: Salton Food Dehydrator, White (Kitchen)
Not sure if this is normal, but i plugged it in to warm it up for a first time use, almost immediately it began pouring smoke out of the central element. As it stands i will not be using this until I find out whats wrong. I tried calling Salton, but apparently no one works weekends that can help you... I feel like leaving this product unattended at the moment is not an option for me...
As it stands, Im unimpressed. It doesn't state this should/may happen first time so I feel as I have a product that may be either defected, or indeed a piece of crap.

I followed all the directions, and I was only warming it up to 105'F to make raw apple chips.

If anyone can help me out with this please feel free to let me know...

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but works, March 13 2014
This review is from: Salton Food Dehydrator, White (Kitchen)
Does what it says, but don't expect any bells and whistles.., you get what you pay for..
I found the recipe booklet as useless..

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works and Does Not Cost Much, Aug. 19 2014
This review is from: Salton Food Dehydrator, White (Kitchen)
Good value and received on time. It just works. We've used a much older version that had clear trays, while this one has smoky trays. Both work about the same. One does need to rotate the trays at least once, reversing their order on the unit, or the items on the bottom will be much drier than the ones on the top, but this is not uncommon with budget-priced dehydrators. We use it regularly for making dog treats (dried turkey and chicken jerky with no additives) It cleans easily, but it might be easy to break a tray if mishandled. For the price this can't be beat.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works great but plastic trays fall apart, June 25 2014
This review is from: Salton Food Dehydrator, White (Kitchen)
Worked great for a cheaper dehydrator but shortly after my first use one of the trays fell apart. I never have put it in dishwasher. After only 4 months use...I am down to 2 trays and one of them is cracking. When I attempted to contact the service centre online for my province....no service centre is available.....disappointed? I will save up for a more expensive model

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, April 23 2014
This review is from: Salton Food Dehydrator, White (Kitchen)
Really quiet! Lots of space on the racks and gets the job done well. Looking forward to using this for the local summer fruits.

Salton Food Dehydrator, White