on December 5, 2013
Have used this dryer lots right from the minute I got it. Quiet operation, temperature setting a plus. Cleans up easy. Have discovered drying fruit and vegies is quick and delicious.
on February 26, 2014
We have used this model for almost a year now and every time we get perfect results. We primariliy dry apples, bananas, strawberries, mango and pears in it. Jerky is the next trial. We have made camping food too by dehydrating chicken and tune and tomato sauces. It is basic but does what it needs to. Dried fruit snacks overnight.
on February 25, 2014
Dehydrator worked well as described! we tried various fruits and veges on all 5 trays and all came out very well.
The price of dehydrator was reasonable and we were able to save some money on buying those expensive fruit chips.
Another thing that impressed us was that shipping and delivery were quick - I got it within 2 days.
on February 18, 2014
I have been using this product every weekend since I got it and it works better than described. I can make almost anything in it and it is enjoyed by everyone in the family. Very easy to use guidebook and easy to use and clean.
on March 22, 2014
Not sure if this is normal, but i plugged it in to warm it up for a first time use, almost immediately it began pouring smoke out of the central element. As it stands i will not be using this until I find out whats wrong. I tried calling Salton, but apparently no one works weekends that can help you... I feel like leaving this product unattended at the moment is not an option for me...
As it stands, Im unimpressed. It doesn't state this should/may happen first time so I feel as I have a product that may be either defected, or indeed a piece of crap.

I followed all the directions, and I was only warming it up to 105'F to make raw apple chips.

If anyone can help me out with this please feel free to let me know...
on June 25, 2014
Worked great for a cheaper dehydrator but shortly after my first use one of the trays fell apart. I never have put it in dishwasher. After only 4 months use...I am down to 2 trays and one of them is cracking. When I attempted to contact the service centre online for my province....no service centre is available.....disappointed? I will save up for a more expensive model
on March 7, 2014
Almost inaudible, fairly small, easy to store, adaptable size. This is not an Excalibur, but it produces similar work. I am very satisfied!
on March 13, 2014
Does what it says, but don't expect any bells and whistles.., you get what you pay for..
I found the recipe booklet as useless..
on April 23, 2014
Really quiet! Lots of space on the racks and gets the job done well. Looking forward to using this for the local summer fruits.
on February 21, 2016
I received this for a present and I was so excited because I ahd wanted to try dehydrating foods, I used it the first time did jerky on it, amazing the two recipe's inside are tasty also. Then used it again and after I was finished I left the trays on the machine so they could cool down before I washed then woke up the next morning to wash them and noticed four out of my five trays had cracks through the middle of them and they were not little cracks it had cracked through the middle of the food trays and broke in half not to impressed it was not expensive for this food dehydrator but I thought I would of had it longer then a couple of weeks. With no receipt cant do much about it.

See 1 answered question