countdown Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle boutiques-francophones Music Deals Store sports Tools

on September 3, 2014
I am a student, so this is my first printer purchase. I should have read the description thoroughly as I didn't realize it was a PHOTO printer, but I think it will do the trick for school stuff. I like the fact that I can wireless print via tablet or phone - that will convenient for me as I do not use a laptop for school (I use a Microsoft Surface tablet). It has all the essentials and ALSO came with a BLACK and TRI-COLOR cartridge INCLUDED! I was pretty happy with that, so now I just have extra ink (because I also purchased ink and paper that is on it's way). Overall I am very satisfied with my purchase!
on May 23, 2015
Would've accorded this excellent machine the maximum rating of 5 stars were it not for the dizzyingly high price of the ink cartridges. HP... why are you doing this? Whatever happened to the old-fashioned (but highly effective) business model/approach of 'lower unit profit, higher turnover' (leading to ultimately higher overall profits for you than that yielded by the 'higher unit profit, lower turnover' approach, not to mention much better affordability for the customer). Alternatively, keep the prices the same, but design the whole thing to accommodate larger ink cartridges containing more ink (and thus representing better value for the customer). If you simply tweak your ink-cartrige pricing formula (as outlined above), believe me it'll be a 'win-win' scenario for both the manufacturer (i.e. you, HP) AND the customer. Why didn't this occur to you, HP? Otherwise, a really good machine - full of excellent features, including seamless wifi-based wireless operation - at a fair price (spoilt only by prohibitively-priced ink cartridges).
on March 28, 2015
I bought this specifically for the paper feed scanning function. It jams 80% of the time if scanning more than one page at a time, no matter how flat, fresh or crisp the pile of documents to be scanned. It's completely worthless. I didn't need a printer (I already have a great one). I only needed the paper feed scanning, and the paper feed scanning on this is garbage. I specifically bought this so that I could scan multiple pages at once, and it doesn't do that as advertised. I have never been able to get it to scan more than three pages without jamming, but 80% of the time it'll jam by the second or third page.
on May 17, 2015
Unfortunately this printer is a bust for me. Although it had issues from the beginning, I had hoped that after replacing the cartridge, the issues would go away. Should have just sent it back during the return period since it works so poorly.

And yes, I went through troubleshooting online and even tried some troubleshooting tips from users with the same issue (unrecognizable cartridge).

Only saving grace for this printer is that it can work in single cartridge mode.
on May 4, 2014
After my friend set it up for me, it's very easy and convenient to use it! The color print is good and clear.
on June 19, 2014
Received before expected date, this printer so far is the best I ever had. Installation was a breeze, work as expected. For the price I don't think there is anything better. Haven't done lot of printing so far but for what I did I cannot complain.
on June 14, 2015
It would not connect wirelessly with my PC, even though it met all of the requirements. I spent hours troubleshooting and with HP customer support, and they could also not fix the problem. The only "solution" I was offered was to go buy a separate USB cable myself (because one wasn't included) to use their WIRELESS printer. Either their staff isn't trained very well, or there is a bug with their hardware or software. My next printer will probably not be an HP.
on April 19, 2015
I ordered this printer in part based on the heavily promoted HP Instant Ink program that promises convenience and savings. I was extremely dismayed to find, in the middle of the enrollment process, that the program is not available in Canada. A bit late to let me know. The printer is working as advertised and the price was amazing. I wish it had separate color ink tanks.
on August 17, 2014
Printer works fine,except the wireless function, could not communicate with my router.
All other functions are excellent
on January 25, 2015
I asked in this forum if this printer was compatable with Yosemite..someone responded with a yes...it is NOT. It will connect to the wireless and print from there..but it will Not talk with my computer about the scan or fax features...I get a pop up saying that this printer is not compatable with my operating system. Thank goodness I can use the printer or I would return this item..