Color: Black|Change

on January 22, 2015
So far, so good, this printer seems very good! The installation was a breeze, as soon as it as been on my WiFi connection, the airprint was working, no other program to install or to download, Highly recommend this printer, it print fast, quietly, the size is small and pretty. The toner recharge are a bit expensive, but you can find jobber ones at about 39$ at 123inkcartrides.ca but I rather purchase a good printer that takes expensive cartridges than poor quality printer that takes inexpensive toners
on March 25, 2015
I am used to HP printers so I was expecting to put hours aside to get this printer connected to my wifi. From the moment I took this printer out of the box to the first page I printed was about ten minutes! It connected to my wireless effortlessly and in no time at all. It prints like a dream, quick and quiet.I especially love the eco drive that is included with the software, it allows you several different options for saving paper and toner. I would recommend this product to other college or university students because of its price, its eco options, and its speed. Don't waste your money on an inkjet when you can get this laser for so cheap!
on July 6, 2016
Great solution for my home use. Been testing for 2 weeks. I finally gave up on the all-in-one printer/scanner/fax inkjet as we mostly just print black and white and the inkjet refill industry is criminal.

Pros:
- simple, fast, high-quality printing
- small printer
- wireless printing from anywhere in house (2-storey)
- relatively easy setup - PC and iphone

Cons:
- poor instructions for connecting to your iphone - says you need there app, but on iOs 9, i simply chose "print" and it found the printer but there was some confusion up to this point.
- you need a cd drive to run install the PC software
on March 15, 2016
This printer does a good job of printing IF you can get it to print. The wireless connectivity is sporadic and the printer often has to be unplugged, rebooted, and reconnected to the wi-fi before each print job. The wi-fi router is just three feet from the printer and doesn't have any problem connecting the the plethora of other wireless devices in our home.

The paper-feed is another problem. If your print job uses all the paper in the tray the printer enters into an error state and won't resume printing after you reload the tray. Instead you have to reboot the printer. This means that you have to stand ready with more paper and try to cram it into the tray as the last page is fed, otherwise you have to restart your print job, manually setting it to start on the last page printed. If your printed pages aren't numbered, enjoy counting through them so you don't have to waste paper and toner when you restart the job. And more times than not, the printer will enter into an error state before you can get paper into the tray.

Overall a huge disappointment. We bought one for us and one for my dad. I can wrestle with mine, but my dad isn't as computer savvy and he just uses his old ink-jet. Even set up with a USB cable the Samsung is a fight to connect, so these days my dad's just collects dust.

I can only guess that one of the guys in R&D let his kid design this one on Bring Your Kid to Work Day.
on March 14, 2015
I'm a university student, and I print a lot of my readings. I'm satisfied with the printer being only black and white; I don't need it for anything too fancy. This is the little printer that can! It prints SO fast! Set up was easy, I even set up printing through my iPhone. All I had to do was install the Samsung Mobile Print App and it was done. It fits perfectly on my desk without taking up too much space. Very practical printer. Would definitely recommend!
on June 5, 2016
The machine itself is nice; compact and quiet. I purchased a cd/dvd external drive to download the install from the supplied dvd. From there, the install was a breeze. If you dont have a cd player on your computer you could download the install from the samsung link as suggeated but it seemed user unfriendly to me. Great little printer though with clear enough quality and serves it's purpose. If there's a good cartridge life span, I'll be even more pleased.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2016
Works awesome & prints really fast. It comes with a black/white ink only which is fine but I will have to see if I can get a color cartridge (haven't done that yet) Will repost when my daughter returns to university to see how much printing we get out of a cartridge
on September 6, 2015
Great printer. Easy set up. It's nice and compact enough that I can tuck it under a side table so it's hidden in the family room in a central location of the house for everyone. Our devices, iPads, iPhones, iMacs, windows laptops and friends android phones have no problems connecting to this printer.
on April 11, 2015
I am very impressed with my Samsung Xpress M2020w printer. The only problem I found was with the Eco-print option. When I first uploaded all the information from the disk that came along with it, it uploaded way too much. My son, who is a computer whiz, had to delete a lot, leaving only one function operational. Somehow all excess info. had prevented me from printing from my main page. However, I could print out all my e-mails if I wanted to. My older model Samsung was almost 10 years old. The outer plastic had yellowed and the paper feed was a top-load. I much prefer this way of feeding in the paper. It looks great and blends in with my Hewlett Packard stand alone computer. However, if I later purchase a lap-top, the new printer is compatible to being hooked up to it. My son also has a Samsung printer that he is very happy with. They are very reliable.
on June 11, 2016
I love this printer. I have the non Wi-Fi version and I think it's the best choice. Even so, the Wi-Fi version I believe can work with an USB cable, in case the Wi-Fi connection is not stable.
There is an issue I want to talk about. After a few hundred pages, the bottom of each printed page starts to fold. The printing is still good but the page looks bent at the bottom like the roller was 'catching'. Many people have had the roller replaced but it's expensive and the problem will return with the new roller. Replacing the roller is however not necessary: have a look at this video to fix it (or search for 'samsung paper folding' on Youtube) [...]
The other thing about this printer is how expensive replacement ink cartridges are. Again, there is a much cheaper way to go.
The Samsung printer has a software inside that blocks the printer after a few hundreds of printed pages. The printer will keep going only once a new original Samsung cartridge is installed. Ebay sells what's called a toner reset firmware which is a small program that once downloaded will make the printer keep going even after the 'blocking' thing. The software usually sells for $5. After that, just buy bulk toner ink off Ebay and refill your original Samsung cartridge and keep printing.