countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Style Name: Printer Only|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 16, 2016
This printer has been a pain in the butt since i got it.

It initially connected with my internet signal no problem. The first couple times I used it, I could even print over wifi. However, then it would go into sleep mode and, the next time I wanted to use it, I'd have to get up and go wake the printer up. Which, to my way of thinking, rather defeats the purpose of having a wifi printer.

Then things escalated to where, although my internet connection report always showed it as being connected online, it would not print. If i worked at it a bit, initially I could get it to print occasionally.

then, it stopped being able to even connect to my wifi.

I've tried all kinds of troubleshooting and tips I've found online but the same problems persist. Currently am using it with a cord. Annoying as I didn't otherwise need a new printer, I just wanted one with wireless printing.
on May 10, 2016
I've been using this printer for over a year and it's perfect. The wi-fi setup can be a bit of a pain- it's a touch on the finicky side. Once that's up and running, however, you've got a great little printer here, particularly considering the price. (It was $110 when I got it. Even at its current $150, it's a great buy.)

The printer comes with a duplexer which means it can automatically print on both sides of the page. It features wireless connectivity as well as AirPrint which allows you to easily configure your page and print directly from an iPad or iPhone. While it doesn't come with a USB cable, it supports USB and can be used in a wired setup. The printer is relatively quick. The print quality is great for my needs and the toner goes a long way.
on July 7, 2015
Great, fast printer.

Set-up was quick and easy. They make it very obvious with bright orange plastic parts and tabs how to unpack the printer and put in the starter toner cartridge.

Two brief things to note: (1) It doesn't come with a USB cord, and (2) the toner that comes with is not a full "regular" cartridge, it is meant to be user as a starter cartridge (I'm assuming to somehow "break in" the machine). They state it clearly in the instructions to use this cartridge before any others.

It holds about half of a package of paper. I wish it held a full one, but it still holds quite a bit more than most printers.

The one difficult thing was, firstly, finding instructions at all regarding wifi printing setup. I don't have a disc drive in my computer, so I wasn't able to use the provided disc, so I had to go foraging for a set of online instructions. I wound up using the wizard on the printer itself, but the screen on the printer only displays one line of about 15 characters, so the wizard is hardly an intuitive "wizard" program.

Now that I've got it set up, though, it's a whiz of a printer and I am loving its speed, double-sided printing, and hassle-free design.
on December 9, 2015
I just received this printer. Set up took all of 6 minutes (using a Mac). Also the AirPrint feature to print from my iPhone and iPad worked like a charm. So far so good. The double sided print also works well. The printer is fast, quality seems decent (totally fine for printing text which is what this will be used for - no graphics/photos etc). It's a touch on the noisy side, but it's fine.

Update - similar to other users, I had problems with the printer turning off or not responding after not being used for some time. It would go into sleep mode and then not recover, required me to turn it off and then back on. Obviously very annoying especially if you aren't printing with regular consistency. I emailed Brother customer service (their website for support is not very user friendly - had to re-enter info a few times) but anyway, got a response the next day and it's worked brilliantly so far. I've printed with multiple hours and days gap and the printer responds without a hitch. Awesome customer service and precise problem solving. Here's the solution they provided:

This can be normal depending on certain factors. We have a few tricks to prevent this from happening though. First you'll want to make sure the printer isn't on sleep, so you can try this right after you printed something.

On the printer go to Network -> WLAN -> TCP/IP -> IPv6 -> Select On and press ok to confirm. Once it's been turned on, disconnect the power from the printer for about 30 seconds. Do not press the off button, disconnect the power from the wall please.

When it's done you can go on the computer, click on the Apple at the top left, go to System Preferences -> Print & Scan. Delete any copy of the HL printer there. When it no longer shows up click on the little plus(+) button and click on Add other printer or scanner, a new window will appear. In that window you should see the HL printer with the word Bonjour next to it. Click on it once and make sure it says Brother HL-2360DW CUPS at the bottom in the Use box.

When you see it you can click on Add. The printer shouldn't go offline anymore, at least not because of the sleep mode.

Please let us know if you run into any issues during the procedure.

Thanks and have a great day.
on June 4, 2016
From the first day I had problems printing wirelessly. My router says it is online but because it is asleep(?) can not print. My apple iPhones and iPads (all newer than the printer) cannot find the printer. They find the Canon Print and Scan just fine! So it is clearly a Brother issue. After much frigging around I got a print from my Mac by turning off the Brother 2360 and rebooting, Well that connection lasted one print job and was gone. Have done all the silly little things the manuals include - even printed the Brother Network Configuration sheet but that is useless as the AirPrint is not identified so one does not know if it is on or off.
I bought this as an upgrade replacement of my old Brother but it is a downgrade piece of plastic without a brain. Canon printers next and for ever.
review image review image
on May 9, 2016
I have the same issues as many of the other reviewers have, the sleep mode. I have tried all of the tricks I have read and still can't get this printer to print wirelessly unless I pull the plug to restart it. I so wish I had opened it earlier and noticed the problem before the return period was up. Prints really fast and double sided once it has been restarted tho.
on May 25, 2016
Brother printers are made well. This one does do automatic duplex (2-sided) printing, but you need to go on the Brother web-site to install their printer's full printer software. Unfortunately, Windows 10 installs the printer by default without the duplex option.
on March 1, 2016
The item arrived In a few days in perfect condition. I purchased this printer for my iPad because it has AirPrint option. First I installed it on my laptop using the installation CD and my USB cable. I chose wireless option and the printer recognized my wireless name and connected to it. After that I could print wirelessly from my laptop on this printer. On my laptop I clicked on printer icon then select printer and the wireless printer was selected. So now I can print wirelessly from both, the laptop and the iPad.
on July 6, 2016
Absolute garbage. Here's why: 1) it always goes to SLEEP mode - 2) it always loses the network connection to wifi requiring that you pair. The menu system is impossible. They should take it off the market. Unusable.
on January 28, 2015
This printer has been reliable so far. It has wireless and wired networking, and support AirPrint and Google Cloud print. It is compact but still supports duplex printing. The print quality is not fantastic, you'll notice when printing graphics.