countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Style Name: Projector Only|Change

on May 17, 2016
I really want to give 5 stars, but finally decided to give one less star due to the black levels, which i will explain later. Below are the pros and cons I see for my use:

Pros:
1) Excellent projector with excellent picture quality
2) Lens Shift is the best thing it has, i was able to move the screen up and down by a few inches
3) has 3D
4) text quality is also good, so my eyes do not strain when reading
5) has larger throw as compared to Epson (in my experience)
6) Good remote
7) easy connectivity and focus

Cons:
1) Black levels are too black and sometime you can not see the picture
2) if you are reading anything with a white background, it is too bring and I do not know how to calibrate.
3) I also tries an Epson projector, I found them to be cheaper, less maintenance, and longer warranty. Benq is a bit costlier but a decent projector
4) a bit higher fan noise as compared to some others I have seen
5) has no vibration control, so if someone is waling on the top floor above the projectorm you see the movie vibrating.
6) thee needs to be a software available for easy color calibration. I cound not find anything.
on May 14, 2016
Bought this unit after sending back the Optoma HD141X. Better colors, quieter fan and better control interface.

Edit: after having this device for a month, I highly suggest paying $50 more and getting the HT 2050. That are colors and a better contrast ratio.
on September 16, 2015
I replaced my fantastic BenQ w1070 with this projector and couldn't be happier. I use a 180" screen and the HT1075 is brighter and the colours are more vibrant. I also like the new backlit remote. The projector is also slightly quieter which is a plus. Can't wait until BenQ produces a 4k projector.
review image
on March 19, 2016
Works great, I'm running this in my basement with good ambient light control and its working fantastic. Colours get a bit washed out with lights on but you can adjust the picture to compensate, only problem is is that if you go from ambient to dark it gets to bright butt hats why there's two user profiles for settings. I found that Cinema mode works way better in the dark and standard mode in ambient lighting. I read a few reviews complaining about heat but I've just put mine in ECO mode and heat isn't an issue.

Colours look amazing but black arn't perfect with a white screen, if ambient lighting isn't an issue for you and you can keep it dark get a grey screen with a lower than 1 gain to help bring out blacks. That said blacks aren't terrible, just comparing it to my plasma who had amazing black levels you do notice the difference but it doesn't ruin the picture.
review image review image
on January 14, 2015
Very good 3D HD projector, with lots of brightness and excellent 1080p picture. I operated mine for a couple of weeks before setting up my home theater sound system, and I was pleasantly surprised at the sound quality and volume obtained from the projector's small 10 watt speaker (which even has its own equalizer.) Of course, it can't compare to a good 5.1 surround sound system
on December 28, 2015
Excellent Projector, bright and colourful. I had a slight problem with overheating, but it was sent to BenQ (BenQ paid shipping both ways) for RMA and was quickly returned under warranty.

100% would recommend this projector knowing how quickly and professionally BenQ responds to issues.
on February 1, 2016
I had ordered this knowing that some of the earlier models had an issue with overheating. I assumed the firmware upgrades would take care of this, and to my knowledge, 1.05 was the most recent firmware version. The first thing I did after powering the unit up was check the firmware version. Sure enough, it was 1.05 so I figured I was good to go.

I suspended the projector from the ceiling mount, turned it on and began aligning it. Got my first overheating message a few minutes into trying to center the image on my screen. Continued to get the message (or the double red lights) every time I turned it on for more than a few minutes. Disappointed to have to repackage my Christmas gift for return on Christmas day.

Two positive points though... Amazon was fantastic and made the return process easy. Printed the return label and had my refund a week and a half later. Also, for the brief time it was on, my wife was very impressed with the projector (she's not much of a t.v. watcher), so I purchased the next model up. I took another chance on BenQ and got the ht3050. Now that's a great machine. Not a hitch so far, and a lesson learned.
review image
on May 3, 2016
I really like what this can do. Clear picture. User friendly. I'm projecting on a beige wall (haven't purchased a screen yet) but it still looks very nice. Great for sports, HD Video Games, and movies. For the price, you can't go wrong.
on December 31, 2014
This projector is AWESOME! The picture is clear, sharp and vibrant. Easy to set up and install. The projector was packaged for shipping very well so it was kept safe from damage.
on April 20, 2016
I had a heard time deciding on what projector to buy, and then I saw this on sale so I went for it. The picture is fantastic, and easy to setup. I do see those dreaded rainbows, but that is more of a DLP thing than a specific issue for this projector. And at the end of the day, the smoothness of the motion, and the overall quality of the projector and image far outweighs seeing a little flash of color if I dart my eyes around. Personal preference. Some people don't notice those, but if you are on the fence regarding DLP vs 3LCD and are worried about the effect of the rainbows, well, I don't find it near as bad as I feared it would be. I am glad that I decided to try it for myself.