countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on January 2, 2016
We needed a small speaker system to have music while in the hot tub at the park and we wanted something loud enough to be heard over the sound of the hot tub. At first I thought about extension speakers from an existing sound system but while searching, discovered the option of a tailgate speaker.
The ION iPA77 Tailgater had a built in AM/FM radio, aux input, microphone/guitar input, but I really liked the Bluetooth option. It connected quickly and easily to any phone that came into the campsite. The microphone, with separate volume, sounded good but we didn't really use it more than one or two times. The front panel had pause/play and track+/- controls which came in handy when your music source was in your pocket or otherwise out of reach. The 50 hr. battery charge is perfect for use at the campsite although I never really tested it to see how long it would last. I would charge it every couple weekends just to be safe.
The feature that impressed me most was the volume. It was surprisingly loud for it's size and the sound quality, at high or low volume, was perfect for what we wanted. I also don't know what the tailgater sounds like at 3/4 volume because we didn't need it that high.
If I had to find a fault with the tailgater, it would probably be the two carry handles on the side instead of one handle on top. I realize the shallow compartment on top is designed to place your phone, mp3 player or tablet but carrying the speaker around with two hands is sometimes annoying.
I gave the ION Tailgater a 4 out of 5, but a 9 out of 10 would definitely have been more accurate.
ION Audio iPA77 Tailgater Portable Bluetooth Speaker System with Microphone, AM/FM Radio, and USB Charge Port (Current Model)
on May 13, 2016
I absolutely love this speaker. I use this in my small music studio for teaching singing lessons. I also use it for small scale recitals. The mic is OK but not fantastic, however, great for beginners.
on January 9, 2016
Well the first one got lost in delivery so the reorder was late for Xmas but it works great! Nice and loud for the size, even puts out a bit of bass! Great for camping or renos. Nice to have the charge port on it, I think the battery drains fairly quick though, but still gets though a full day which is great.

Would recommend :)
on January 16, 2016
This portable speaker sounds better than I expected. Battery life is good. Been using for a month now and haven't had any problems.
on February 4, 2016
quality of sound not perfect,hard to carry,it is not professional machine mostly kids stuff.
on June 13, 2016
amazing sound and great price, great buy and extremely loud for its size perfect for tail gating parties
on March 1, 2016
It's OK. Just it is not easy to carry on one hand.
on May 11, 2016