5.0 out of 5 stars If space aliens listened to music, this would be it, March 21 2012
Ce commentaire est de: TRST (Audio CD)
I stumbled upon the album's lead single "Sulk" while digging about Youtube for new music as I often do. I'll admit I was drawn in by the bizarre cover art of the woman (though it reminds me of Harmony Korine's characters in the movie "Trash Humpers" if you're familiar -- this is off-topic though).

I was instantly hooked by the song's loaded synth, amazing beat and the lead singer's very stand-out vocal style. I looked further into the band and I'm in love with this, their debut album. This Toronto-based duo has crafted an eerie, pumping, spacey and addicting album full of many gems. My favorites include "Dressed For Space", "Sulk", "Shoom", "F.T.F" (one of two songs where you hear the elusive, raunchy female vocalist) and "Bulbform" -- but honestly the only song I am not too keen on is "Heaven" which I am sure will grow on me eventually. The only way I could describe the sound is like a combination of a grimier Crystal Castles fused with the vocal similarities of Tonetta (two more Toronto-based musical artists) -- but without the repetitiveness of the former and the obnoxiousness of the latter (search Tonetta on Youtube to see what I mean...)

I would highly recommend this album to anyone. It's great enough to purchase oppose to downloading and I am sure the band could use the support.

Just for reference, other favorite artists of mine include: Lykke Li, Björk, Kanye West, Bon Iver, Joanna Newsom, The xx, Sufjan Stevens, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Mac Miller, Kid Cudi, Duran Duran, Gotye, Of Monsters & Men, Santigold, Devendra Banhart, Lana Del Rey and the late, extremely talented Amy Winehouse. I would not compare Trust or their album to any of these artists/groups, but like I said for sheer reference.

Review Details

Item

5.0 out of 5 stars (2 customer reviews)

Reviewer