1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Bad Bad..., Jan. 18 2012
This review is from: Georges Laraque: The Story of the NHL's Unlikeliest Tough Guy (Hardcover)
I received this book with the anticipation of reading a good story about a man with an interesting view on the sport of hockey and life.

I read the teaser 1st chapter on a Kindle app and it did draw me in. After the first chapter the book went down hill. George Laroque proved himself to be the most self righteous man alive. A few examples, he ran a stop sign, caused a major accident but it wasn't his fault he did't see the stop sign. He left the mother of his children within a year of them being born, but not his fault his parents didn't like each other so he didn't want to do the same thing.

George Laroque honestly believes his 5min/game had the same effect on teams as a star player like Doug Weight in Edmonton, or Sidney Crosby in Pittsburgh. He knew better than his coaches be it Jacques Martin or Wayne Gretzky. His stances on PETA, etc are just nauseating. I do respect his passion for Haiti, but even that seems to be a shameless look at me I'm better than you. This is a man who believes he has never did anything wrong, it was always someone elses fault. I cannot recommend this book and I wish I hadn't read it.

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (4 customer reviews)

CDN$ 32.00 CDN$ 20.06