5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, versatile little laptop table, July 23 2011
This review is from: laptop table with two cooling fans
I like it. The seller was TNS, Inc. They packed it properly, and shipped it promptly.

The table is hard plastic. I arrives folded (which is also how it can be stored), clamshell fashion, with a little release button to open. When folded, it is roughly the size of my 15-inch MacBook Pro (a little thicker), and lighter. When it's open, the tray portion can lay flat or can be hinged up to present the keyboard at a good typing angle. A hinged flap at the bottom edge of the tray keeps the laptop (or tablet, or book, or sketch pad or...) from sliding. The mouse-pad area to the right remains flat.

On the underside of the tip-up tray are:

- a sliding, locking prop to keep the tray up, if desired

- the two fans (reasonably quiet in operation)

- the USB cable in a spring-loaded retractable reel (nice touch)

The legs unfold from their corners and (contrary to what another reviewer suggested) they DO lock in place.

Each leg also has multi-position locking length adjustment, so you can set it up on uneven surfaces.

So far, I've used the table flat on my lap (legs folded away), open and straddling my lap while I sat/lay in bed, and right now I'm sitting on the sofa with the table's front legs straddling me, while the back legs are on my coffee table. Very flexible and adaptable.

It's also suitable for use by a passenger in a car - maybe not a sub-compact, but the seat area in our little Equinox is plenty spacious for it.

When not in use, it folds up compactly and fits on a shelf or in a drawer.

This table is not the most rugged thing, but with reasonable care, it should last and give good service. After all, it's the thirty-dollar one, not the 65-dollar aluminum one with fewer features... :-)

Based on the description and what I got, I'm happy. Recommended.

Review Details

Item

3.2 out of 5 stars (13 customer reviews)

CDN$ 41.95