3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit on the Boring Side, March 17 2012
This review is from: Celebrity In Death (Hardcover)
I never knew how much I looked forward to the chase scenes, shootings, stabbing and all the other excitement the permeated these books, until I read this one. I never thought I would find myself saying that an Eve Dallas book could be boring, but this one was.

Eve Roarke and Dehlia have been invited to the party that is celebrating the the movie (vid) "The Icove Agenda". While there, nasty words are exchanged between the actress playing Peabody and almost everyone who is at the party. Naturally she is later found dead under suspicious circumstances. Everyone is a suspect...

There is a lot of leg-work for Eve and Dehlia, a lot of people to interview and that's about it. J.D. did do the usual and tossed in plenty of red herrings, but I just didn't care. I kept trying to force myself not to page to the back of the book to see who really dunnit.

Oh and did want to mention to the proof-readers and editors, that they may want to rethink using the abbreviation 'anal' for the word 'analyze' or 'analysis'...just sayin'!

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (8 customer reviews)

CDN$ 29.50 CDN$ 16.77