1.0 out of 5 stars broke on 2nd use, blending something light..., April 26 2012
This review is from: Cuisinart CSB-76RC Smart Stick® Hand Blender - Red (Kitchen)
I purchased this hand blender less than 2 weeks ago. The first time I used it, I loved it. It was powerful, smooth, worked like a dream. It seemed so much nicer than my old Braun, which wasn't very powerful but it lasted about 10 years, helping me make puddings, shakes, soups and smoothies. I bought this new hand blender to make my own lotions so I don't use it to chop or pulverize or do anything heavy duty. And I don't need to use it for more than 1 minute at a time, probably more like 30-40 seconds at a time. Well like I said, it worked so well the first time I raved about it to my husband. That's why I was so disappointed it broke after I used it the second time. I suddenly heard this loud clacking noise and I thought the blade had broken which would have been weird since I wasn't blending anything solid. When I ejected the shaft I realized the plastic part that connected the shaft to the main unit had broken off. This part should not be made out of plastic. I think it can't handle the strain of the powerful motor.

The warranty literature that comes with this blender tells you not to return it to the store where you purchase it. They want you to return it to in Woodbridge, Ontario. Luckily, I live in Toronto and it is located about a 10-15 minute-drive from my husband's work. BUT, I'll have to ask my husband to go out of his way, as it's in the opposite direction of coming home, if I don't wish to pay the shipping and return fees. Husbands are not always so keen to do this kind of stuff. Or I can spend the $10 in gas and drive 40 minutes each way...x 2 (delivery, then pick up). This blender cost me $40...is it worth all the trouble? What if it breaks again within the first several uses after I do all that?

I'm not sure what I'm going to do but it makes me not want to buy another Cuisinart product again. What good is a warranty if you need to be out of pocket and can't return to the store where you purchased a product???

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (11 customer reviews)

Out of stock