5.0 out of 5 stars The harrowing adventures of a red haired heroine, June 25 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Rebelle: Édition Collector / Brave: Collector's Edition (3-Disc Bilingual Combo Pack) [Blu-ray + DVD] (Blu-ray)
If you're like me you may not watch many animated movies yet you may love animated love movies such as the beautiful art of the The Secret World of Arrietty [Blu-ray + DVD]from Studio Ghibli, or be impressed by Madagascar 3 from Dreamworks. If so, I think you will probably love Brave.

Brave continues Pixar's amazing run becoming the studios 13th movie in a row to open number one at the US Box Office, with a highly impressive $66.7 million opening weekend.

A young redheaded princess named Merida, with a fiery sense of independence, the princess rebels against her princess training. When the queen attempts to marry her off, Merida can barely bear it, takes matters into her own hands, and challenges her suitors in an archery competition, setting events in motion that will change everyone's life.

We have a mysterious woman in the forest who may or may not be a wi..., I mean a woodcarver, and a bad bear. We also have her mischievous brothers. All of them are a bit wild, and Merida is a bit of a tomboy.

The distinctive voice of Billy Connolly voices the overly muscled King, with Emma Thompson playing the svelte queen, other well known actors such as Robbie Coltrane (Cracker) and Craig Ferguson voice the other parts, Julie Walters voices the witch and newcomer Kelly MacDonald does an excellent job voicing Merida.

Setting the tale in Scotland I think adds to it and offers unique opportunities for humor, and developing Merida as a personality who is independent makes her somewhat admirable, rather than the standard depiction of a beautiful princess, which lets face it, is somewhat cliche at this point. I do not usually go to see a Pixar movie unless the premise grabs me, and this one did.

Some people say the movie might be scary for young children, but I think children do need to experience the whole range of emotions, and I personally did not find it scary. I did find it humorous.

I think most people will love it, and I hope this was helpful.

Review Details