ARRAY(0xb6976aa4)

5.0 out of 5 stars An M.D. Who Finally Gets It, Feb. 5 2007
This review is from: Eat to Live: The Revolutionary Formula for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss (Paperback)
As a Registered Holistic Nutritional Consultant, I work with people everyday with a variety of health issues and nutritional needs. Although "Eat To Live" looks like it might just be another diet book - it's far from it.

Dr. Joel Fuhrman is a Medical Doctor who works from his practice in New Jersey, USA. He's the kind of doctor other doctors send their patients to. He's not a pill pusher - far from it. His goal is to get his patients off drugs and living a healthier lifestyle by addressing their nutritional needs and getting exercise. His message is that if we eat foods that are nutrient dense, yet low in calories, we will not only lose weight, but because our nutrient needs are met, we will have loads of ammunition against obesity related diseases. Nutrient deficiency and obesity are the biggest contributors to disease in the world today.

I bought the book and got so excited that I couldn't read it fast enough to absorb everything, so I bought the DVD too. The DVD is a one of Fuhrman's lectures that he delivers to a room of doctors... very informative.

I teach at The Canadian School of Natural Nutrition here in Halifax - and have found a lot of the information in this book helpful in delivering my nutritional information. I use his messages when I do workshops and lectures.

It's so refreshing to see a medical doctor who has studied nutrition and understands the importance of preventative rather than allopathic medicine. Who says there's no money in prevention.

This is a great book - that I would recommend most definately.

Penny Ormsbee, RHN, RNCP

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (138 customer reviews)

Used & New from: CDN$ 0.21