2.0 out of 5 stars Very detailed, yet not very detailed., Sept. 15 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Cadillac 1967-89 (Paperback)
I had a problem with the idle speed on my car, so I bought this book to fix this problem myself. This book was very detailed to help me find my problem. My problem was electrical in nature, and this book instructed me how to do a self-diagnostic. I performed a self-diagnostic and found out the particlular electrical code which was causing my problems. Good. But this book did not tell me which part needed to be replaced in order to fix the problem. I assumed I had to replace the ECM, so I looked it up, and this book told me how to fix and replace everything related to the fuel system except how to replace the ECM. So, now I'm back to square one. In trying to learn more about the electrical workings of the car, I tried to read about all the different systems which proved to be a difficult task because this book scatters information about particular elecrical systems throughout various sections of various chapters making the learning of these electrical systems a task as difficult as fixing most problems on my car.

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (3 customer reviews)

Used & New from: CDN$ 2.97