3.0 out of 5 stars Underrated soundtrack for an underrated movie., April 22 2000
This review is from: Go: Music From The Motion Picture (Audio CD)
GO. I thought that was an awesome name for a movie. Too bad the box office didn't agree. I loved the movie. But I didn't pick up this until a week ago, after I became a No Doubt fan and had to own everything they were on. If you read my review of Return of Saturn, the new album from No Doubt, I said that New is a good song, but not one of my favs. My, how things change. The song grew on me the way most favorite songs do, out of curiousity. It's so wild, no real, identifiable chorus, just a mixed bunch of good music. I love the song. If you don't like it the first time, it'll grow on you. Some other songs on the soundtrack are very good as well. Like, of course, the most unlikely hit in the world, Steal My Sunshine. Unfortunatley, it gets less and less catchy after every listen. Gangter Trippin is from Norman Cook, aka Fatboy Slim. Love this song. It's a trippy song, and you'll want it at parties. The surprise is Troubled By the Way We Came Together from Natalie Imbruglia. It has a great hook, and should've been a single. The rest, however, kinda goes down the drain. The eagle eye cherry track is a disappointment, and I'm ashamed to say I don't know alot of the other artists. Good to be alive and Cha Cha Cha are the best of the unknown bunch. I hate Magic Carpet Ride with a passion. It's awful. The rest are forgetful and skippable. So, if you like a Cd of 3 great songs and a couple ok ones, or if you love ALL TECHNO Stuff, this is for you.

Review Details