5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Mental Run for the Heart and Spirit!, June 30 2000
This review is from: The Runner's Guide to the Meaning of Life: What 35 Years of Running Have Taught Me About Winning, Losing, Happiness, Humility, and the Human Heart (Hardcover)
What a wonderful book by Amby Burfoot to fuel the spirit and heart of the runner in each one of us. The book is inspirational, caring and sharing of running and life that we run. It has quotes, stories, heros, thoughts about goals, courage, finishing, victory and yes stopping to smell the roses along the way or maybe even a majestic view on the race course. Amby shared thoughts and philosophies that made me laugh, put the book down to do my own reflection and even brought me to tears. The story of Amby's 30th annversary Boston Marathon race was so touching when his brother joined him on the run. I plan on giving this book to all of my running friends. This book is just what you need to fuel or maybe even refuel your own running spirit. Whether you are a beginner or elite runner there is something in this book that will touch your mind and heart. It is a book for the runner in each of us. Amby teaches us the winning attitude so well in the book. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Thanks for all you do for the running world.

Review Details