5.0 out of 5 stars It'a like being there on Stage with the Phantom, Feb. 7 2012
This review is from: The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall (Sous-titres français) (DVD)
What an absolute thrill to now own a copy of the stage production of the Phantom of the Opera. I have attended several live performances over the years in Toronto and keep going back if and when a tour passes through my city. I had always said why don`t they make a video of the Phantom of the Opera. Frankly, the movie version did not cut it for me due to casting Gerard Butler as the Phantom. He cannot sing, but it simply had to do until this one came out. I have all the CD recordings (Broadway, London, Canadian) and hesitate to compare the cast with the 25th Royal Albert Hall production, but they are all simply outstanding including the ones appearing in this DVD. I have already pre-ordered Love Never Dies waiting for the May 2012 release so I will have the entire story. The close ups in the DVD make you feel you are right there with them on stage. What also makes it so special is the emotions you not only see. but can feel in the faces of the cast. If you are truly a Phantom of the Opera fan, this recording is a must for your collection. I hope we see more video recordings of the great musicals. There are a few out there, but I want them all.

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (27 customer reviews)

CDN$ 30.99 CDN$ 12.98