4.0 out of 5 stars Sleep saver, Jan. 3 2012
This review is from: Radio Systems RS-PFD11-13706 Drinkwell2 Meal Feeder (Misc.)
The product is reliable. After almost a month of daily use, I can surely say that this feeder is a smart alternative for both cats' and caretakers' wellbeing. It saves our night sleep and facilitates our cats' so much anticipated nocturnal fresh meal. During the day I am feeding my cats natural raw food that I am preparing myself, but the night meal in the feeder is always canned food. I never program it for more than 4 or 6h, so as far as I am concerned the 48h autonomy means nothing, but that's only because I choose to feed my cats wet food.
The feeder is sturdier than it looks like.
However, the product has 2 minuses: doesn't seal tightly when closed so the food aroma will leak out, and it doesn't come with special ice packs to put them under the food trays. I managed to purchase some, but I had to look for the smallest on the market. Ultimately, the pluses are that it is reliable - it opens when you program it, and it is convenient if you have 2 cats because both compartments can open at the same time. The only amendment here, I would not recommend to caretakers with belligerent cats.
My 2 young males got used with it in a week, and since then we have managed to sleep without pause during the night and keep them happy.

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (9 customer reviews)

CDN$ 49.99