5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Office Home & Business 2010, July 27 2010
This review is from: Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 (DVD-ROM)
I finally made the move from Office 2003 to Office 2010 - bypassed office 2007. I run a small 1 person consulting company and the office suite is critical to my operations. First, I looked at the available combinations and settled on Office Home and Business package since it provided me with two key products - Outlook and OneNote along the bread and butter applications Word, Excel and PowerPoint.

I was prepared for the regular struggle in installing the suite, so backups and documentation were created. I then started the install and I chose to leave my copy of Access 2003 and Publisher 2003 in place and install the remaining 2010 software. Both of these products still run fine on my PC.
In a nutshell, the install was painless - the software installed without any problems. Outlook had all the configuration, add-ins and changes I had created over the last 7 years. Nothing was missing. I use an IMAP account for my email and it indicated that it would have to be re-created to sync folders correctly. OneNote which I use was re-created with all the books properly setup.
The performance is better - faster. They additional capability is welcomed and I like in Outlook the added information on the screen. The suite takes good advantage of all the real-estate on your screen. I have almost given up on key-board short-cut commands.
The only negative and it is minor is the ribbon and some of the location of commands. They are not obvious for someone coming from 2003 but there is nothing I haven't been able to find through the use of the Help.
This was a good investment and since I was able to leveraged the EULA to install a single copy of the software on both my office desktop and my laptop.

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (13 customer reviews)

Used & New from: CDN$ 271.95