4.0 out of 5 stars Series Excellent, Blu-Ray Packaging OK, Sept. 7 2009
This review is from: Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I recently upgraded my DVD BSG collection to Blu-Ray with the purchase of this product. This review is more about the Blu-Ray version than the series itself (which I consider to be top-notch.) As expected, the picture and sound quality is excellent. This is the series as it was meant to be seen. My quibbles are more with the packaging of the Blu-Ray material as there are small annoyances which detract from the whole. Like many others, I would prefer to have an paper episode list. Also an annoyance is the storage of the disks themselves. The packaging makes it difficult to get at the individual disks. I find myself turning the whole season package upside down and shaking to get one out. I would have preferred something similar to the DVD seasons where each disk is in its own plastic space. The cardboad slot method in the Blu-Ray is clumsy, and to me, a scratched disk waiting to happen. For the price, I would have expected a bit more in the quality of packaging and presentation.

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (114 customer reviews)

CDN$ 379.99 CDN$ 291.77