5.0 out of 5 stars Ecounter the Child-like, Christ-loving life of Madeleine...., Nov. 29 2003
This review is from: Bright Evening Star: Mystery of the Incarnation (Hardcover)
This is my sixth Madeleine L'Engle nonfiction book I've read and it was definately one of the better of the six (even though all of them were exceptional).
"Bright Evening Star" explores childhood and the wonders and mysteries that have haunted all of our imaginations and filled our hearts for as long as we remember. In this, Madeleine transforms faith into being a radical, Child-like journey, rather than a stoic, heady and intellectual debate. This was much needed in my heart and life and took me back to a day where my sister and I would take adventures on our bike in our southern neighborhood, pretending to be going on a trip across the country. It was a wonderful memory that needed to be rekindled and remembered. Thank you so much Madeleine.
(Also, Madeleine's books have a way of meeting you right where you are---this book came perfectly into my life and right along with what God has been laying on my heart lately---honestly, every book can do this if the writer is close enough to God, and since she is, she was able to be the vessel for my own relationship and allowed me to stand in awe of Jesus, the risen Christ, once and again).

Review Details

Item

5.0 out of 5 stars (4 customer reviews)

Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01