5.0 out of 5 stars Moscow. Mumbai. Dubai., March 22 2012
This review is from: Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
If you were to ask me which Mission Impossible movie I would like to own, I would have to say MI2. not because it's the best but because it has Thandie Newton, who has an ethereal presence that I love to gape at.

If you were to ask me which movie is the best, I would have to say this one. This is Cruise doing what Cruise does best, pushing the envelope in an action movie. If you're like me, you experience a vivid after image.

In MI1 it's Cruise descending from the ceiling hovering in midair with a cable after he has broken into a secure room. In MI2 there is that image of the motorcycle, with the back wheels up in the air with him flying through the air, and one where for fits and giggles he is hanging by his fingertips from the sheer face of a mountain.

Here, it's definitely the vertigo inducing scene from Dubai, where he has to break into a secure floor, the 134th, if I remember correctly. And as one thing happens things can start to go wrong leading to much finger gripping, and sitting on the edge of your seat excitement. If you are climbing the outside of the worlds tallest building, the last thing you want is a sand storm. There are many memorable scenes in this movie. We have a familiar character from Lost, a beautiful hit woman, an unusual fight in a multi story car park, an entertaining prison break, and an underwater escape.

When we break from the thrills, we have the comic relief, once more provided by Simon Pegg.

I remember a scene early in the movie, where Ethan said he was going to do something, and I thought, "that's impossible." Then I remembered.

It's fair to say that Mission Impossible has hit its stride, it's gotten comfortable, yet still pushing the envelope for those action sequences. This may not be the movie for you if you suffer from Vertigo. At one point, I thought Cruise has to be insane to be doing this, but fair credit to him for going to the absolute limit to provide brilliant entertainment.

I would say go for it. I think you will love it, and I hope this was helpful.

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (29 customer reviews)

CDN$ 22.99 CDN$ 9.99