5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! GREAT BOOK!!, Jan. 3 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Essential PHP for Web Professionals (Paperback)
I've must have spent at least a gabazillion dollars on useless PHP (and other programming) books in recent months. NOT ONE of them has the ability to:
1. Explain things clearly and understandably to all, and/or
2. Present their material without being FILLED with errors that essentially render their books totally useless.
Unlike EVERY OTHER BOOK I've now read on the subject, this one is a GEM!! Run out and BUY IT, NOW. If you are new to PHP you should NOT even consider anything else first. I've just spent TWO WASTED WEEKS with another book (allegedly the "latest and greatest") that was just released on this topic - I'm now about to give up on that one simply because the pubisher has ignored the horrendous errors in that book and won't publish an errata sheet. This book, even though I've covered half of it, just this evening (really), has taken me well beyond where I had gone with the last one, in just a FRACTION of the time. Even better, I actually UNDERSTAND what the author is trying to say and his code actually works! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE write more!
Perhaps my only "complaint" is that this book is now "dated" and should be revised. By that I mean that most examples refer to PHP ver. 3 and some of the HTML should also be updated to reflect the change to XHTML. These little matters are easily overcome though and do not present a significant problem.

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (8 customer reviews)

Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01