4.0 out of 5 stars I bought it anyway., Jan. 20 2012
This review is from: Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Years (DVD)
I saw this on Amazon and it was only about $100 at the time, plus shipping. I was ecstatic. David Tennant is by far my favourite doctor of them all, and the fact that I could get all of the seasons, plus the specials, plus the extras, for so little was just too much. It was one of those "Too good to be true" moments.

In a sense it sort of was. First of all, the reviews were less than excellent. Some people had problems getting discs out of the case, other people had discs that were scratched. I was afraid that something similar would happen to me, but I figured that I could return it if anything ever went wrong.

I received mine in the mail very quickly and I was dismayed to see that the discs were, indeed, scratched. I'm not particular about my discs being perfect or anything, and I had disc repairer on hand. So I slathered disc repairer on there and with a non-scratch cloth I cleaned them all. I kept the box, because it is a very beautiful case. I don't suggest putting the discs back inside, though, because I did and I think that the box is what makes the scratches. I bought a small CD case and put all of my discs in there.

Other than that, I am happy to say that I didn't have to return my set. I watched through all of the episodes and specials with no problems on any of them.

If you love Doctor Who and you're okay with a few minor scratches on your discs, this is pretty much a steal, considering how much money the seasons and the specials go for separately. I definitely recommend this for anyone who is a David Tennant fan.

Review Details

Item

3.5 out of 5 stars (14 customer reviews)

CDN$ 540.71