countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

5.0 out of 5 stars Punk Immersion...I Thank the Fab Four of Ska-Punk!, June 18 2001
This review is from: And Out Come The Wolves... (Audio CD)
While the first CDs I ever got were Throwing Copper by Live, Smash by The Offspring, and Vitalogy by Pearl Jam, I never actually knew what the hell punk was. Sure, like everybody else, I knew songs like "I Wanna Be Sedated", but I didn't know about punk at all until fall last year. Then I was introduced to big time punk bands like Dropkick Murphys, Bad Religion, and RANCID. The very first time I heard the CD, I found myself singing along to "Roots, Radicals", doing all those uniquely masculine motions known as air guitar to every song, and realizing that Limp Bacon is not a real musical band, just like N*Sync.... Wes Borland, I'll take Lars Frederiksen any day!
This album is easily the crowning achievement of Rancid's career. After all, it's sold something like 8 million copies...for punk? Eesh! That's like superstardom! But it is deserved stardom. With great ska-punk hooks, very catchy lyrics, and songs that don't express mindless rage like the aggro rap-rock... scene does these days, ...And Out Come the Wolves is far and away my favorite sing-along punk experience. Buy this CD (or burn it...it's cheaper!) now, plug in and enjoy. I guarantee even non-punk fans will love this, and possibly be converted to the "other side" as I was.
*If you're already an established punker, then check out Lars Frederiksen ... another addicting album.*

Customer Discussions

We're sorry, this discussion has been removed.

Return to the Amazon home page

Review Details