2.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, Feb. 3 2010
This review is from: Total Control: High Performance Street Riding Techniques (Paperback)
I should have guessed from the title of the book and the images on the cover, but this book was a little more biased 'race bike' technique and bike setup for the track rather than techniques that are useful to riders who never venture to the track. From the books summary and other reader reviews I thought that the techniques shown would be equally applicable to the street and and would assist rider safety for day to day riding.... but on reading it I was wrong.

There are sections of the book that cover street riding but for me at least the bias toward 'racing techniques' is not what I was really looking for. A book teaching advanced riding techniques it is not but if your a racer who wants to try out racing techniques on the track and also apply these to the street then this maybe the book for you. For me alas it is not what I was expecting.

This is certainly a book that does what it's says on the cover... racing street riding techniques, but is certainly not a source for advanced safety riding techniques for the street.

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (21 customer reviews)

CDN$ 29.95 CDN$ 18.77