5.0 out of 5 stars The best book to give someone who owns a kitchenaid, April 8 2002
This review is from: Baking With Julia (Hardcover)
My husband gave me this cookbook three Christmases ago. While looking at the pictures in this book I thought my husband was out of his mind if he thought that I could ever make anything in this book. It took me about six months before I tried anything in it. The first recipe I tried was a total success, which inspired me to try another. The next recipe was even a better success. My confidence grew and grew and grew with each recipe I tried. I have friends now who ask me to cater their parties. This cookbook has become a springboard for new and extravagant recipes. For example, I have adapted the Tourte Milanese and made a great vegetarian dish.
My only complaint about this cookbook is the poor binding. My copy has fallen apart and all of the pages are falling out. There are some typos here and there and an occasional confusing sentence. The editor could have done a better job. But it is the most reliable cookbook I have. Everything I have made has gotten rave reviews from friends and family.
If you buy this cookbook, do invest in a heavy duty kitchenaid mixer. I quickly burned out a 4 1/2 quart ultra-power kitchenaid making the recipes in this book. I now use the 6 quart professional, but I'm sure a 5 quart heavy duty would do the job.

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (46 customer reviews)

CDN$ 44.00 CDN$ 27.59