ARRAY(0xb2aa242c)

1.0 out of 5 stars Why people believe such things, July 3 2011
This review is from: Genes, Giants, Monsters, and Men: The Surviving Elites of the Cosmic War and Their Hidden Agenda (Paperback)
I found that the aesthetics of the book were quite sound. The author has an adept writing style and poses many questions to the reader that reflect the author`s background in philosophy. Outside of those above statements there is very little I would commend this book for.

Reading this book really began to jog my memory of first year philosophy when my professor asked for attention and in turn told us we were failures.

This book is evidence of public ignorance even among those of us educated specifically to fight such entrapment. The author although clear and concise about his arguments relents the understanding of cosmology, physics, biology, astrophysics, and geology and yet makes bold statements without proper regard for evidence and teachings presented in such fields.

Although intriguing more scientific evidence/ logical connections might have made the ideas more provocative and powerful to the reader.

I rate the book as well written; within the context of offering ideas to a curious reader. However not well enough supported to mold my beliefs around his concepts. I was not convinced by the end of his book in his ideas; although I would deem him successful in explaining that our understanding of our past is not clear enough to abide any kind of faith.

Not worth the buy, but maybe a Google search into the concepts presented.

Review Details

Item

2.2 out of 5 stars (6 customer reviews)

CDN$ 23.95 CDN$ 15.64