4.0 out of 5 stars Good book if you like to read interviews..., March 6 2004
This review is from: New Market Wizards The (Paperback)
What is this book?
Jack D. Schwager interviewed some of the best traders in 1992 and compiled edited transcripts in this compelling book.
Who is interviewed?
From the currency market: Bill Lipschutz .
In Futures: Randy McKay, William Eckhardt, The Turtles, Monroe Trout and Al Weiss.
Various market times and fund managers: Stanley Druckenmiller, Richard Driehaus, Gil Blake and Victor Sperandeo.
Traders who play several markets: Tom Basso and Linda Bradford Raschke
"The Money Machines" such as: CRT (Chicago Research and Trading), Mark Ritchie, Joe Ritchie, Blair Hull and Jeff Yass.
Psyschology: Zen and the art of trading (person didn't want his name mentioned), Charles Faulkner, Robert Krausz.
---------------------------
I didn't recognize many of those names, probably because of these reasons:
* The book was written in 1992.
* I'm not into really into trading.
---------------------------
Nevertheless I think the book is a great learning experience. You won't learn how to trade from this book but it gives you insight into the trader's psyche. I like learning about people who have been successful, (think Leader's & Success page, of IBD) since I feel it motivates me to learn more and work harder towards reaching my goals.
My favorite chapter in this book is entitled "Closing Bell" and it is a recap of all lots of trading advice mentioned over and over by these trading experts. I feel reviewing this chapter over and over is worth the price of the book.
Reed Floren

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (40 customer reviews)

CDN$ 21.99 CDN$ 15.87