3.0 out of 5 stars This cd has left me speechless, wow!, Feb. 17 2001
This review is from: My Secret Heart: Songs Of The Parlour, Stage And Silver Screen (Audio CD)
Air give me air, I need lots of air, air, air.......This cd has caused me a lot of adverse breathing.
The things that I have read about Ben have been very true. He really is a lot more than I ever bargained for. He is THAT GOOD.
I need to go out on a limb and say that he is the best tenor I have ever heard. In my wildest dreams I never thought anyone could be that good.
For this cd Ben choose to sing a lot of standards. Bravo! This is my kind of music. Ben did an excellent job crooning us with his golden voice. He knew when to hold back and when to sing at full strength. This is marvelous how he worked each song to get the full meaning out of it.
The only complaint I have is there was not enough of the good olde songs that I wanted to hear Ben sing. I know it's hard to please all the people all the time and I understand where Ben was coming from.
This cd is a must for the fans of beautiful opera singers who crossover with popular music.

Review Details